The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Questions

jaymdee

Hi,

Have recently seen some threads saying Liverpool & Victoria don't insure imports anymore. Has anyone ALREADY with L&V tried to renew recently with them since this 'no imports' thing?

I've currently got L&V insurance, with renewal due next year. I'm thinking of getting some mods (exhaust, decat, increased boost etc) which is OK with L&V, at no extra cost. If I get all this done, i'm concerned that I've then got to find new insurance for next year (for modded import). I don't want to phone L&V to ask, as they may just send me a good renewal quote next year if I stay schtum.

Advice wanted before getting mods done please.

J

• 4 weeks later...

I am insured with L&V, and changed my car 2 weeks ago.

I went to their website for the telephone number, and was concerned that it states that they do not insure imports, because I have had imports insured with them for the last 4 years. But I only had to give the registration for my new car and they knew the model, spec, and that it was an import. They even knew when it was imported and SVAd.

They did say that they have no problem with mods - unless they increase BHP. Then they won't insure at all. :(

Well I just phoned them and they have no listing for a NA Auto on import so they DO NOT provide insurance:confused:

They only cover it for the TT Auto & Manual on import according to the bloke that I just spoke to.

Any other recommended companys?

Cheers

Todd

Originally posted by Todd

Well I just phoned them and they have no listing for a NA Auto on import so they DO NOT provide insurance:confused:

They only cover it for the TT Auto & Manual on import according to the bloke that I just spoke to.

Todd

I have my new certificate of insurance from L&V here - and mine is an SZ (NA) Auto.:conf:

I know - I have never had any problems with them, but someone else I know rang for a quote on a TT Auto (import) and was told they did not insure anyone under 30, and no TT imports!

Have decided to get some stuff done anyway and worry about it next year. Hopefully I'll just get a renewal with no awkward questions

Sakura: Do you mean mods which increase capacity? When I took out the insurance they waid that unless the engine size was being increased, they weren't bothered. "Take photos and keep receipts" was what i was told

J

Originally posted by jaymdee

Advice wanted before getting mods done please.

You are obliged to tell your insurance company when you do the mods, not at the next renewal. Whether you do so or not is up to you, but there have been a couple of instances recently where people have had to claim on their insurance and realised that they had been less than truthful about mods done to the car.

Originally posted by jaymdee

Sakura: Do you mean mods which increase capacity? When I took out the insurance they waid that unless the engine size was being increased, they weren't bothered. "Take photos and keep receipts" was what i was told

J

The person I spoke to definitely said BHP, and not engine capacity.

I tried L & V, got three different answers on three seperate occassions.

I think alot of the time it depends who you speak to.

Oh and the reason i tried three times was coz people kept telling me that 'it depends who you speak to!'

In the end just insured with someone else

Cheers

J4CK50N