The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring

attilauk

Hi everyone, i have had an idea floating around in my little brain for a few weeks now and its time i aired it with you guys and gals.

im planning a Long Weekend Hoonathon to the Nurburgring (4 days, friday to monday) in may of next year, total cost of the weekend looks like its going to work out somewhere between £250 and £300 for ferry crossing, 3 nights in a hotel and 12 laps of the Nordschlefe:cool: but the more people i can get interested then the cheaper it will be:)

TWO DATES FOR TRIP:

13th - 16th May: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=113&day=2005-5-13&c=1

24th -27th June: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=114&day=2005-6-24

See page 13 for details!!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by CJ

Count me in (with Joshua too). I had a great time when we wnet earlier in the year.

You'll probably be wanting to avoid that underground car park this time though eh? I'll probably be up for this again depending on date etc. Could do with another 'ring sticker...

Will do Col.

We stayed at 'Pension Muhlenhardt' in Herschbroich, in the middle of the track, wake up to the sound of bikes screaming around track echo'ing around the hills.

You could stay in the Hotel that overlooks the track, in Adanau (where the 2nd entrance is).

I'll get some names for you in the next couple of days. The guy who did our bookings have found some cracking places nearby. Could be cool if a number of us went down together.

Check on http://www.nurburgring.org/where_to_stay.html for other info :)

The 'Hotel An Der Nordschleife' is the one that overlooks the track, its popular tho (because of this).

Yeah ya beat me ya bugger :D

I'll get back to you with more places. most are fairly' friendly and English speaking places so I've heard ;)

My brother has been banned from the first place, leaving his decatted RX7 running at 4.30am on a monday morning apprently upset the neighbours :p

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for the links guys, much appreciated:D

i have just heard from direct ferries and they are prepared to offer a group booking discount on the seacat for over 5 cars, if we get more then it becomes even cheaper!

im still waiting to hear from the Nordschlefe organisers about open weekends in may, its looking promising as there are only 2 race weekends on the ring planned for may but nothing is confirmed yet!