The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problem after fitting hks fcd

safcdixon

Well i found the ecu pinouts guide which helped get it done http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?35919-ECU-Pinouts

But im getting a hesitation in D (auto) but not when i go into manu and go up the gears 1-2 to D or from 2 to D, the hesitation then makes the box change streight up into the next gear, i havent fitted the fuel pump yet will that make any difference to the hesitation,

EDIT its now stopped doing the above But has started hitting what i think is fuel cut maybe 1 out of 4 times at full boost, plus now once i hit 15-20mph the od light starts flashing ( ive searched this and it brings up alot of threads on code 42) could this be connected to the fuel cut issue or something caused by the original issue,

other than the intermittant problem with the boost and possible code 42 it feels rapid and much more responsive

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

Thats great mate cheers, i think you hit it on the button with the bad wiring, it was supplied with bullet and block connecters which i used but wasnt to happy with, im gonna solder them up when i get in

Thanks for the reply and the link,

right ive soldered the wiring in for the fcd, the car hits 1.0bar no probs for a few seconds then as the speed gets higher its still hitting a hesitation or misfire (kind of a hitting a rev limiter type feel) then a cut in power,

ive read a few thread where poeple have gone lean and its goosed the plugs could this be the cause of the hesitation/misfire or it will be the injectors maxed out (plus i havent got a walbro yet, i know :clown: ) ive just done the coil pack connecters two weeks ago and the iridium plugs were only fitted late last year.

If it's set at 9 then odds are its goosed. Pull it out and get a new 1 from somewhere you know sells genuine parts.

Oh Poo, im gonna give the plugs a check over tommrow just incase one of them are knacked/melted etc, as i thought fuel cut was instant cut and not a hesitation then cut, but if the plugs are fine il just whack one of the cats back in for the time being while i sort a fuel pump and new fcd so i can get it on the dyno next weekend,

il update this on my finding's tommorow

Am experiencing the same situation too. Have wired in the eBay hks fcd, but I also have a walbro fuel pump. At boost of around 1 bar (last time was 0.92) it loses power too like a fuel cut, and it wont boost further. Am sure my wiring is spot on, it is also set to 9. Can the eBay fcd be all bad?

I have a HKS EVC 5 boost controller, and all other mods except fmic.