The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wiper squirters

David P

I looked into it when I was getting my Jun Carbon bonnet sprayed, but ran out of time so left it as it was

It is definately doable, the best option I could find were from Trucks, Merc and Scania use a clip on style, I just didn't get the time to source some to try it

You would have to lengthen the original water pipe and bring it through the scuttle panel and out of the holes where the wiper arms mount to the motor mechinism

Someone else had done a conversion using a verticle jet as well, I will see if I can find my thread a minute

I looked into it when I was getting my Jun Carbon bonnet sprayed, but ran out of time so left it as it was

It is definately doable, the best option I could find were from Trucks, Merc and Scania use a clip on style, I just didn't get the time to source some to try it

You would have to lengthen the original water pipe and bring it through the scuttle panel and out of the holes where the wiper arms mount to the motor mechinism

Someone else had done a conversion using a verticle jet as well, I will see if I can find my thread a minute

Thanks for the heads-up, I will lurk at a few lorries. :think:

Whatever system can be found and used, I think it will need to include a spoiler because even a little U.K. scoop causes the drivers wiper to lift at 70mph.

Thanks for the heads-up, I will lurk at a few lorries. :think:

Whatever system can be found and used, I think it will need to include a spoiler because even a little U.K. scoop causes the drivers wiper to lift at 70mph.

I can't find my thread bud, I think it might have been a discussion held in a wanted thread I put up and it was a while ago, so proberbly deleted by now

I can't find my thread bud, I think it might have been a discussion held in a wanted thread I put up and it was a while ago, so proberbly deleted by now

Thanks for looking, something will turn up. :thumbs:

I bought a few sets from stormwipers on ebay in the past. I don't believe they are as good as standard washer jets but sorts the problem and your MOT man will be happy.

Whichever course I choose, it'll need to be as good or better than OE because I'm "anal" about a clean wipe. :think:

I would instead route the squirters through the scuttle panel and have then squirting up through either the vents or small holes drilled in the scuttle. Just like the old mustangs used to have.

Imi has wiper squirters on his car. They appear to work quite well, but they also look quite untidy once you open the bonnet, as it would be fiddly but not impossible to totally hide them away.

Personally I would have them sat in the scuttle panel just for the sale of ease and aesthetics. My 06 Vectra had them in the scuttle if you need a pair of jets that will fit.

There are loads of cars that have them on the arm, but I can't for the life of me remember which ones!!