The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil change!

shaz2010

Hi I have looked at the FAQ post on engine oils and I see that 10w-40/50 Is recommended for stock! I came across this just now and wondered if it's any good? I never seen it mentioned in the FAQ post like!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_254023_categoryId_165581_langId_-1?cm_sp=Intelligent_Offer-_-Product_List_Zone_1-_-Blank&iozone=PLPz1

I have a uk spec TT . Thanks shaz

I've always used a fully synthetic engine oil in my uk spec and advise you do the same

Mobil 1 has gone in my car for the past 12 + years and seems to do the trick, 135,000 + miles

now with no issues and still on the original turbos

With my mileage now being over 135k i use Mobil 1 extended life 10w60 £66 for 10 litres

from Opie oils

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Your best bet would be to drop opies oils a pm and see what he suggest, he suggested Silkolene pro for me and I haven't had any problems.

Done,

"I would use a 5w-40 synthetic and you will find those through the link below.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-656-5w-40.aspx

Out of those, the best ones are the Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S, Millers CFS/CFS NT, Motul 300V, Redline and Gulf Competition. I guess the Millers Nanodrive is the best one on paper, but it's too new to confirm that. Any of the ones I mentioned are top end oils though."

I got my last lot from Opieoils, good service and unbiased advice. He did have an offer which may have expired yesterday, buy 5litres of oil and get an extra 1 litre bottle free. However he continually has good offers so worth keeping your eyes peeled.

I am running Silkolene PRO S 5W-40, its Ester based to and supposed to be one of the best on the market. Only had it in a couple of months but all seems fine.