The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/S front wing

Jake

Not an accident mate. Somebody kicked the nearside front wing in last night. It's all pushed in between the side repeater and the very bottom where the wing meets the front of the side skirt. At the top of the dent the wing is slightly creased and the paint has cracked, just slightly above the side repeater.

I'm wondering whether to have it repaired or to buy a new wing.

Trouble is that it's a non-standard colour.

If the bumper has to come off I might go the whole hog and get a Whifbitz bumper and FMIC.

I did ring Dude to see if he had a spare front wing (he doesn't) but I forgot to ask about whether you need to remove the bumper or not.

Originally posted by Jake

Not an accident mate. Somebody kicked the nearside front wing in last night.

Sorry to hear that Jake. The car was looking really good on Sunday.

Shouldn't these people be out mugging old ladies rather than taking out their frustrations on defenceless Supras :D

I suppose nobody saw or heard anything :(

There's only 2 bolts on the bottom front corner of the wing that attach it to the bumper, if you're careful, you may be able to gently pull the bumper outwards enough for the wing to come away once all the rest of the bolts are undone.

Good luck with it.

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

if you're careful, you may be able to gently pull the bumper outwards enough for the wing to come away once all the rest of the bolts are undone.

Good luck with it.

Possible, with care on a stock bumper...........don't fancy pulling a Veilside bumper tho'!