The mkiv Supra Owners Club

True Twin Conversion Mod

Dim Sum

I just want to make sure what I am doing is right. Ive looked up a lot of different supra sites for the mod, but in short it is just swapping two vacumm hose over? I am only doing this because I am having boost issue.

imageimage

These are link I used.

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/a80-mkiv-discussion/28132-10-second-ttc-non-sequential-mod-much-better-response.html

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/articles/andy.htm

Edited by Dim Sum (see edit history)

Enjoy your crappier power band and massive boost spike :)

I am only driving in ttc mode till I sort out the boost problem with stock system. I'm getting boost 1.2 bar of boost so I know the turbos are fine, pressure tank is fine and no leaks.

So one of the solenoids mustbe faulty as in the sequential system it wont boost above 0.5

Also just want to say great job in those write up on the sequential Turbo and the hoses. Been a great help.

Edited by Dim Sum (see edit history)

Ah, that's fair enough then, sorry, I'll get back in me box :D

Have you tried The Tinfoil Test yet? ;)

:) its fine, I have read a few thread about TTC mode and you are in quite a few lol so I know how strongly you feel about it.

I think I have read it somewhere in the forum but can't remember where because I had too many pages up when I was reading problem solving with boost. But if you don't mind explaining I am happy to listen and learn.

What benifit do you get running in TTC?

I am using it for problem solving because the sequential system for me ain't boosting properly but in TTC mode its boosting fine. So maybe one of the solenoid is faulty. Other reason maybe people like to have the turbos more predicable when the second one kicks in.

Each to there own about the two system. in TTC there is no boost till 3-4krpm

- - - Updated - - -

I am using it for problem solving because the sequential system for me ain't boosting properly but in TTC mode its boosting fine. So maybe one of the solenoid is faulty. Other reason maybe people like to have the turbos more predicable when the second one kicks in.

Each to there own about the two system. in TTC there is no boost till 3-4krpm

With TTC the car needs to be BPU++ and fully mapped...what you'll then see is a more linear power band as apposed to a one two transition..you can push the turbos a bit more too. All the big power BPUs in the states are running TTC mapped...and although theyre performance figures are slightly optimistic over there..ryan g has seem similar results over here...TTC bpu++s in the states have been running consistant 11s with a high stall torque convertor...theres one in germany running similar times on a 6spd.