The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fake Shops, buggered Up Cars & Frustrated Tuners!

Guigsy

Just saw this vid posted on facebook.

Found it quite an interesting interview/rant.

The guy speeks a lot of truth imo. And iv seen what he describes happen on here a few times. Particulary 13 mins onwards.

what are your thaughts?

http://www.thatvideomagazine.com/newyork/autos/vinny-ten-racing?fb_comment_id=fbc_217648795029682_699660_218170148310880#f35dfe1caa7ea6e

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

I've been having hell with the the guys that refurbished my Volk wheels, they came back from them with all leaking air one from the polished rim, other from the inside edge of the rim and the rear ones I'm not sure but its very very slow but still leaks.. The wheels have now been sent back for the 4th time..! I don't know what to do next..!

I thought the video showed a good perspective rather than just a 'rant'. For the most part there is truth in what he says..many people over look the fact that they themselves have a responsibility to ensure that the person they are entrusting their car and money too are capable and compitent to work on their specific model/car and have the skills to carry out the work being done, rather than "Ah, a garage..you can do this job...because you're a garage" - there is no instant knowledge or fact that the person/garage working on your car has had experience with a MKIV Supra and has carried out Single conversions before...you mainly assume they can do it.

I think the main thing I think about is perhaps if you're thinking of carrying out a loft conversion or extension. Usually people recommend looking at examples of other builders work and speaking to the owners to get their feedback on the builder/job itself and other relative points and factors. That way it enables you to make a well informed decision prior to agreeing with anyone and handing over any money.

Now I'm not saying that people who do perform their research and due diligence will definately not have problems with garages and tuners as there are still things that unfortunately could go wrong here and there and many people have been a victim of 'reputable' garages in the past so everything isn't always concrete.

I feel the video does open up a new perspective having watched it as for myself I have never really put much emphasis on self blame should things ever go wrong with my car through poor choices/decsion making on my part (luckily I have been quite fortunate...for the most part) - Anyway a long post of just my 2p

clue -

The wheels have now been sent back for the 4th time..!

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

If they couldnt do it right after the 2nd time id be going somewhere else.

I think everone should have a chance to correct a mistake but that doesnt mean you should use them again though. If i needed 4 tries to get something correct in my job id be pulled to one side and be retrained.

I thought the video showed a good perspective rather than just a 'rant'. For the most part there is truth in what he says..many people over look the fact that they themselves have a responsibility to ensure that the person they are entrusting their car and money too are capable and compitent to work on their specific model/car and have the skills to carry out the work being done, rather than "Ah, a garage..you can do this job...because you're a garage" - there is no instant knowledge or fact that the person/garage working on your car has had experience with a MKIV Supra and has carried out Single conversions before...you mainly assume they can do it.

I think the main thing I think about is perhaps if you're thinking of carrying out a loft conversion or extension. Usually people recommend looking at examples of other builders work and speaking to the owners to get their feedback on the builder/job itself and other relative points and factors. That way it enables you to make a well informed decision prior to agreeing with anyone and handing over any money.

Now I'm not saying that people who do perform their research and due diligence will definately not have problems with garages and tuners as there are still things that unfortunately could go wrong here and there and many people have been a victim of 'reputable' garages in the past so everything isn't always concrete.

I feel the video does open up a new perspective having watched it as for myself I have never really put much emphasis on self blame should things ever go wrong with my car through poor choices/decsion making on my part (luckily I have been quite fortunate...for the most part) - Anyway a long post of just my 2p

Spot on Cliff!!

I see this a lot too, most because like he says another tuner will give them a much cheaper quote and yet promise everything on a plate, what more could you ask for? In my younger days I have done it myself!

Hence why all the work carried out on my ca has been done by the very best in the industry, then I know it has been done properly. The work they carry out speaks volume & if it is rubbish then again that would speak volume, word of mouth is where most business comes from.

I've been having hell with the the guys that refurbished my Volk wheels, they came back from them with all leaking air one from the polished rim, other from the inside edge of the rim and the rear ones I'm not sure but its very very slow but still leaks.. The wheels have now been sent back for the 4th time..! I don't know what to do next..!

Four trips to the same people? You could have sent them to Ibrar for that for a perfect job and still had change left over