The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A bit of Supra LOVE

mplavery

Since there is alot of threads of Supra's breaking or for sale, i thought i would show you guys n gals a few updates im doing to the car

Nothing major, just a bit of Supra LOVE :love:

So first thing was the headlights.....They dont look to bad from a distance but not great up close. I have the clear lenses bought on a group buy years ago and when i cut the oem lens out i made the lip a bit deeper then i wanted just in case i made a mistake

So clear lenes off

The Horrible lip

Lip cut closer for a better finish

Next was to take two sections of the dash off as it had reacted and had small bubbles which did not look nice...So they were repainted and i bought some aircon control plates with Supra stamp on them from Metal Monker which was a nice touch...went very well with my heater rings and knobs lol

Im replacing ALL hoses on the turbo side and gaskets on the turbo pipes which are either OEM Toyota parts or Samco hoses to hopefully solve my second Turbo problem...

Be ready SRD as if this does not solve it, it will be at your garage as i have had enough now ! lol

While the turbo pipes are off i decided to get them polished up... I would normally go to Rob but a mate said he would help me out which he is just down the road so that was handy..

Have not got the pipes back yet but while the pipes where off i gave the engine bay another quick paint in places as there were a few scratches which i did not like

Here is how it looks at the mo, a little sorry for it self lol

All ready for my pipes now

Also ordered a new one of these

And also have my Carpet mats coming from DCA which im looking forward to

Im just waiting for everything to turn up now, hoping to have it ready for JAE but not sure its going to happen but we will see

Will post up more pics soon

Cheers

Edited by mplavery (see edit history)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lights look allot better, love the clear lenses and now the lip is gone the finish looks top notch.

This is the type of thread we want to be seeing, to make a change from all this breaking rubbish

I was going to wait but i thought it maybe...want some of us to get back in the mood of given our Supra's some TLC lol

Head lights look loads better, really happy with them, wish i had done it bloody sooner !

Cheers guys

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, we need more car pictures ;).

let me see what i have lol

looks awesome Mike, i need to seriously up my game for JAE lol

YOU NEED TO GO AHEAD WITH YOUR PLANS ! lol

Im sure i will be saying that to you soon ha ha Cheers Dan

nice work on the headlights mate, I think you need some chromed suspension rings to replace those black ones;)

Been thinking of that for a while but not sure it would work

lights look great, what did you use to re seal them? I like this car, its a real head turner.

I trimmed the lights, there being sealing at the body shop so there not finished yet... there either going to silicone seal them or make a rubber seal...will post up the pics when they have been done mate

Bloody lovely dude, im loving seeing some Supra love, I read about all the braking threads and loose the feeling a bit, then I just look outside and see my black Sup sat there and I feel all the love come back again.

always got some love for your car! nice work on the headlights too, much neater.

Cheers guys... :D