The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gold Rush- Flocked Dash and door Cards

Rob_Mitchell

Well got the delivery of the Dash and door cards today, the glove box lids are to follow. Im over the moon with the finish of the parts i have had back, its going to look mint once fitted in and with all the other trimmed parts. Definately give the inside that 'Race look' im after.

Im going to attempt to fit this after my holiday now, as i can see it being a mission :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=156996&stc=1&d=1346334944

attachment.php?attachmentid=156997&stc=1&d=1346334944

attachment.php?attachmentid=156998&stc=1&d=1346334944

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00506.jpg

looks good mate, my interior will be going off to be flocked soon as well. Going to get rear speaker plastic surrounds done as well. You getting anymore of yours done or just dash and door cards?

Everything else is trimmed in black alcantara and orange stitch, these are the only two bits needing attention

Looks very nice.

Who did you get to do this ? And what was the turn around like ?

Im doing this as a exchange service for the guy. He is highly respected and does most of the drift cars and BTC's.

Is that "you" do them, or what you're getting done? If the latter, who did you go to mate?

Im working with the guy and we are doing them for the club members if anyone wants it done.

Looks good Rob !

Was looking to do this ages ago to mine, Did not think about having the door cards done though...

My only concern will be how easy is it to clean...eg does dust build up in places and how hard to get out of it etc

That was my concern but its easy to clean, just a hoover off with a brush end of the hoover

Yeah its really hard wearing stuff, plus the dash dont get touched much. I only had mine done as the vinyl was shrinking around the vents and i think it looks ace.

Not looking forward to fitting it though!

I was going to say how was it getting the dash out as i have never taken one out of a car before ?

Def up for doing this as i hate the plastoc looking dash

I was going to say how was it getting the dash out as i have never taken one out of a car before ?

Def up for doing this as i hate the plastoc looking dash

Its not that bad providing you take your time and dont rush. If you rush your guaranteed to break the dash where the dial cluster connects in.