The mkiv Supra Owners Club

wanting a drive in a supra :S

Guest miniboy11

Guest miniboy11

hi guys i am new to the forum i am most probably going to buy a supra in december time i have always loved them and i am at the age now where i can insure one :blink:

the only problem being i have my much beloved mini cooper s 05 plate which i have spent a lot of hard earned cash on which is running 248bhp but most of the money has gone on suspension parts and colour coding exterior etc. to make the most money from my car i am going to have to put it back to standard and sell the performance parts etc but before i do that i need to go out in a supra i have never actually been in one so i need this to make the decision to start breaking the car as i really am attached to my mini.

so just wondering if anybody would be kind enough to take me for a quick spin i would pay the petrol you use etc. i live in essex so anyone kind enough around this area would be very very much appreciated.

i would go have a look at one thats for sale but i wont have the money until december so i dont want to waste the sales persons time if you get me :innocent:

many thanks leon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miniboy11

Sorry I should have said which supra I was looking at I was looking at getting a manual tt and somewhere down the line I want to go single if gI can find one I will buy a single supra in December but there isn't too many floating around. I live in colchester aswel

Sorry I should have said which supra I was looking at I was looking at getting a manual tt and somewhere down the line I want to go single if gI can find one I will buy a single supra in December but there isn't too many floating around. I live in colchester aswel

There have been several singles for sale lately, still some great cars on here now for sale, I would be happy to take you out on mine in a couple of weeks if you can get to Purfleet, or maybe come over to the bluewater meet and get a look at a few cars

BIG step from 200BHP mini to a 600BHP RWD single supra, I would get a ride in a BPU car and see what you think

As good as the auto box is I find the NA engine does not mate well with the auto gearbox, makes it feel very sluggish

Know exactly what you mean. Hoping to get a 6 speed box in sometime next year depending on how work goes then when im 24-25 go TT-BPU

There have been several singles for sale lately, still some great cars on here now for sale, I would be happy to take you out on mine in a couple of weeks if you can get to Purfleet, or maybe come over to the bluewater meet and get a look at a few cars

BIG step from 200BHP mini to a 600BHP RWD single supra, I would get a ride in a BPU car and see what you think

I went from a 190bhp astra to a 600bhp supra :)

Guest miniboy11

thanks a lot for all the replies guys i may have to take you up on that offer (tooquicktostop) your only an hour away so not too bad if you wouldnt mind letting me no when you are free. i am in colchester. the mini is no slouch i have had a run in with some fast cars and not done too bad i ran a 13.9 at santa pod this month but i have done the mini more for handling its a lot of fun here is my project thread on minitorque plenty of pics etc on here and whats been done http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f273/leon-black-minge-25121/

thanks a lot for all the replies guys i may have to take you up on that offer (tooquicktostop) your only an hour away so not too bad if you wouldnt mind letting me no when you are free. i am in colchester. the mini is no slouch i have had a run in with some fast cars and not done too bad i ran a 13.9 at santa pod this month but i have done the mini more for handling its a lot of fun here is my project thread on minitorque plenty of pics etc on here and whats been done http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f273/leon-black-minge-25121/
Bpu Supra's "Stage 1" can run 1/4 mile in low 13's maybe a high 12 if you have it running well :)

Sure, should be out of the garage in 2 weeks, will be around 600 bhp all being well

Welcome Miniboy. May be good to try and get a spin in a few different types of Supra to match your driving style and expectations. I had a NA 5 speed and loved it. I now have a TT and don't really enjoy it as much as the NA. I could throw the NA about and always feel in control. The TT will bite you if you are not careful.

H.