The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much would you expect to pay to have this done.........

_Shane_

Right guys my car should have its new parts fitted very soon along with the ecu and mapping

My ecu which i have is the AEM series 1 universal ECU

I need the below harness to be hardwired into my existing supra loom and then plugged into the AEM ECU

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AVM-30-2902/

How much would you expect to be charged to have the harness hardwired into the toyota loom???

Also how long would you expect it to take in hours to complete?

Tuners / mappers / traders all more than welcome to comment on this too

Thanks

Shane

This thread was put up to find out what others may charge to wire this into my car, i have already received a price from ''my tuner'' to have this work done and shocked is an understatement lol ....... I will reveal the price that they gave me later on after i get a few estimates on here :)

This thread was put up to find out what others may charge to wire this into my car, i have already received a price from ''my tuner'' to have this work done and shocked is an understatement lol ....... I will reveal the price that they gave me later on after i get a few estimates on here :)

I will do it for a tenner, ive never done it before though, i only have a hammer and a roll of duck tape, im sure it will be fine though:)

I will do it for a tenner, ive never done it before though, i only have a hammer and a roll of duck tape, im sure it will be fine though:)

exchange the hammer for a pair of side cutters with a bit of twist and tape it should be fine:d

So that's how Jamie is funding the new GTR mods, using a hammer to tune cars!! :D

I have no idea how long a job this would be but I'd imagine a couple or 3 hours labour?

I was quoted £800 today by a garage in Ireland and told it would take 2 days to complete the wiring, thats why i posted up here asking. I didnt post up asking for shit smart ass comments nor was i looking for a cheap way of fitting this, if that was the case i would go at it myself

Thanks for the comments though

Joints should be crimped, not soldered. Anyone not having done this before and quoting a low fixed price should be viewed with suspicion. £400 sounds dirt cheap for a proper job. £800 isn't unrealistic *IF* they use good materials and get it right first time. It's stuff like this that makes a cheap ecu with no commercially available "plug `n' play loom adaptor for the application suddenly get very expensive. dan294 sounds like your man :) Bet he'd revise his estimate once he'd attempted a job like that... :)

Joints should be crimped, not soldered. Anyone not having done this before and quoting a low fixed price should be viewed with suspicion. £400 sounds dirt cheap for a proper job. £800 isn't unrealistic *IF* they use good materials and get it right first time. It's stuff like this that makes a cheap ecu with no commercially available "plug `n' play loom adaptor for the application suddenly get very expensive. dan294 sounds like your man :) Bet he'd revise his estimate once he'd attempted a job like that... :)

Why is this?

I have always soldered joints and never had issues. YES soldered joints if not done correctly can cause high resistance and dry joints. but then again the amount of modern german cars a have repaired due to electrically issues resulting from corroded crimped joints i'll recommend soldering. unless its a oxygen sensor

Was merely a wild guess Chris. I've no idea! You know better than me! :)

Show me any soldered wiring terminals on a production cars ecu wiring :) Soldering makes the wire prone to breakage with the vibrations a car endures, right by the joint. Proper heat sealed, adhesive lined crimps (Raychem) won't corrode at all, even underwater. 90% of the time soldered joints inside the car will be fine, but very iffy under the bonnet, near the engine, IMHO.