The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keep the gunmetal gray or change?

Twisted

I need to have some paintwork done to my supra which is a gunmetal gray. However I'm not a big fan on gray/silver. I prefer a nice blue or black.

What I want to know is: is it a sin to take away the gunmetal gray?

I know ultimately it's my car but how rare and widely liked in the gunmetal gray? Will it be frowned upon if I change the colour?

I quite like cars that stand out and I hate when people take stock cars that have something quite rare and different about them because of being designed like that by the manufacturer and change it to look like all the other stock cars of its type.

I believe it's gunmetal, but I'm not expert. I'll have to get it checked by someone who knows.

If its rare and sort after then I will keep its stock colour. Last thing I want to do is devalue it.

Get it done in Lamborghini Grigio Avalon as per this Supra:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/j_s14a/585a45bb411f0c5ac130889268b89340.jpg

Means you won't have to spray the 'bay or door shuts, or change the colour with the DVLA. :)

My car is this colour and you most definitely have to do a full spray job if you changed to this over the stock colours. It would be very noticeable in the shut lines otherwise.

Is the Quicksilver colour on Supra's a reasonably popular/rare colour? 1B9 my code and is the code for 1998 Supra's for Quicksilver. Does anyone know if this is different for 2000 models?

I quite like the Lamborghini Grigio but I don't want to change it if Quicksilver isn't all that common anymore.

This is my car. Can anyone distinguish if this actually is Gunmetal or Quicksilver?

I've already looked on the VIN and found the code but I can't find anything that tells me its the same code for the 2000 models.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]156936[/ATTACH]

Mine is gunmetal and yours is deffo quicksilver

I'd like to think gunmetal is the more desirable, but then again I am biased :innocent:

Both colours are highly regarded by Supra owners, they suit the lines and shape really well