The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lightweight wheels which one?

fastisnice

Really excited beating an 800bhp GTR last night and i want to reduce the weight on my supra. So i'm starting with a good set of wheels.

Im looking to get some nice looking lightweight 18" wheels, the weight is very important. Which ones do you suggest? really like volk racing GT F style!.Does anyone know the weight of volk wheels? Can someone also help me calculate the offset? i have a top secret wide body and i got 45mm spacers at the back. Looking for something like 18x11 at the back, which offset is the correct one so that they will fit without spacers?

many thanks

Found a list long time ago, not know if it's 100% accurate but its an nice reference list and it shows the differences,http://www.wheelweights.net/

according the list the Volk TE37 Magnesium wheels come in as very lightweight wheels, also the weds tc 105N are pretty lightweight wheels. I always compared weights to my old work meister s2r 2 piece forged wheels, which weigh in at 10,2 kilograms for an 18''x10J wheel from which i thought they were pretty light.

Get Image Wheels to build some with the correct centre bore size and offset, using their lightest billet centres. Enkei did some hollow spoke trick forged rims, quite rare though. I was going to find some Enkei RPF rims for my Skyline until I got fed up looking at damaged over priced rims all seemingly with "issues". Best to buy new. If you are out to beat GTR's converting back to a narrow body will reduce the aerodynamic drag a lot and allow rims that have an offset that works correctly with the suspension to be refitted without it looking daft ;)

thanks guys great info! scooby slayer i have 45 mm rear spacers and 25mm front. They have to fit without spacers and look right. Not sure the offset i need

- - - Updated - - -

1 piece forged wheels such as the Volk TE37's will be the lightest, about 7-8kg for an 18" wheel.

How much are they NIC?

thanks guys great info! scooby slayer i have 45 mm rear spacers and 25mm front. They have to fit without spacers and look right. Not sure the offset i need

- - - Updated - - -

How much are they NIC?

in theory my rims should fit perfect, come and try one if you want to check.

in reference to cost to the te37s, there about the same price as my gtfs over £600 each plus delivery !