The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about maybe selling The Do-Luck......!

Jamesy

Bit torn at the moment as i'm thinking about selling the Do-Luck :(

This is my dream car (within reason and affordability) but i just never get to use it and to be honest its a lot of money for me to have in a car. I dont really have loads of savings to warrant having such a flashy "toy" and soemtimes i get a real guilt trip about being a responsible dad and not being selfish with my cars!!

Everytime i drive it its the BEST car i have ever driven, and up there with the very best i have been taken out in. I am confidenet to nail it and have mastered how to handle it sideways n all!! Its totally bonkers, get all the looks, sounds incredible, ...(i'm talking myself out of this quickly!) ....!!!

Anyways i am not sure yet but i am considering selling it, buying a different sports car for myself but a cheaper one, upgrading the wife's car to a 4x4 diesel to take kids in, and have a few well needed £££'s in the bank.

Trying to get 2 businesses off the ground its pretty stressful and i could do with a bit of a cushion in the bank just in case its ever needed or an opportunity comes up within my current business that could take it to the nexct level etc.

I will give it some more thought before deciding as i know once sold, i am extremely unlikely to ever own this car again...but i would list it @ £30k which i believe is a good price for an iconic car which will only go up in value if looked after. (please dont comment if you think thats too cheap/expensive, it is what it is :)) That money could go a long way in my business to help me support my family in a good way for the long term....! :)

hmmmmm

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys - i can safely say i would NOT break this car - i couldn't.

With my other car, and some others that have been broken... as nice as they are, they can be replicated if you wanted to again. This car, even if you wanted to and could afford to, there's things on it that arent made anymore and would never be able to recreate...plus it will always just be a replica, not the "original" built by the company themselves. The price is more than fair in my eyes, current climate or not, and as i say i can only see it increasing in value.

What!!!?:faint:

I have been away travelling for 4 weeks and in that time the Supra community seems to have fallen apart. So many iconic cars have been posted for sale and then broken!? What is going on!?

Awesome car Jamesy and if it was cheaper I'd be very interested... £30k just isnt viable for me!?:(

GLWS if you do decide to sell.

Guest Nicholas

Jamesy, think about this.. you sell the car then decide actually you really miss a supra (which will happen). You then go buy another one but realise it'll never be as clean/well maintained/immaculate as this one, sell the one you've bought again and forever regret selling the Do-luck and be searching for something you'll never find. £30k is a lot of money and to have that in the bank would be great but you only live once, enjoy the car and cherish it.

I've been in a similar boat with the Supra I own (KDW's old car), it's had so much stigma attached to it but I see past all that and know the car didn't cause any of it, I love my supra and I'll never sell it.

Not breaking!?......................................... please i love you and i need the body panels

It's worth more broken, the writings on the wall. :think:

Seriously not breaking it guys.... as i say it may well be worth more broken but owning this car, in my opinion, comes with a certain responsibility, and i feel it would be wrong, and therefore i wont do it. :)

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Jamesy, think about this.. you sell the car then decide actually you really miss a supra (which will happen). You then go buy another one but realise it'll never be as clean/well maintained/immaculate as this one, sell the one you've bought again and forever regret selling the Do-luck and be searching for something you'll never find. £30k is a lot of money and to have that in the bank would be great but you only live once, enjoy the car and cherish it.

I've been in a similar boat with the Supra I own (KDW's old car), it's had so much stigma attached to it but I see past all that and know the car didn't cause any of it, I love my supra and I'll never sell it.

cheers mate