The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Holy Crap Buckets

Geo

Right,

So i normally use my Local Toyota for small bits and bobs for the car. So i sent the guy a list of what im needing to replace some parts i want NEW!!!

Cam cover bolts 90105-06166 (You'll need 12) = £9.18 inc vat

Cam cover nut 90179-06288 (You'll need 4) = £3.06 inc vat

Cam cover washer 90210-07001 (You'll need 16) = £34.13 inc vat

Cam cover gasket (Inlet) 11213-46020 = £11.60 inc vat

Cam cover gasket (Exhaust) 11214-46011 = £11.60 inc vat

Coil pack clip 90980-11246 6 off = £34.62 inc vat

Cam breather hose 12263-46010 1 off = £10.63 inc vat

Cam breather hose 12264-46010 1 off = £9.23 inc vat

Sealant - For Oil Pan/Cam Shaft sealing Toyota's Black FIPG old part number was 00295-00102,

but was superseded by new part number 00295-00103 - part number has changed again and it is

now - 08826-80010 = £70.94 inc vat

Fuel Filter - 23300-49195 = £34.99 inc vat

Upper Rad Pipe OEM - 16571-46150, 2xclips 90467-37005 = £24.86 inc vat

Serpintine Belt - 90916-02310 = £41.84 inc vat

O2 sensor(4 wire) DOX-0228 (no idea what the Toyota part is? - Toyota part number is 89465-19635) = £ 145.00 inc vat

Just waiting on Steve Manley getting back to me, but im gona email Paul see what he can come up with?? :D

Assuming my prefacelift TT O2 sensor is the same as a facelift I got mine from rockauto.com for £63 delivered, believe Martin fitted one to Havard's VVTI as well so may save you some cash there

EDIT: found the part number off my invoice its denso 2344514 and I've had no issues 4000 miles down the line :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Wow that adds up fast!:faint:

Tell me about it. :(

Assuming my prefacelift TT O2 sensor is the same as a facelift I got mine from rockauto.com for £63 delivered, believe Martin fitted one to Havard's VVTI as well so may save you some cash there

I can get then o2 sensor delivered for £41, just want to see what prices toyota comes in at?

After reading that thread title, I thought this was gonna be about you buying some mega track spec bucket seats! Glad i was wrong :p

That does add up fairly quickly though, I always thought going to Toyota direct was the most expensive option every time no? I'm sure Paul can knock a few bucks offa that! :D

You can save yourself a fortune on the sealant.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loctite-5699-Premium-Grey-Silicone-Gasket-Maker-Sealant-JDM-Japanese-Engines-/270940232164?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f154bd9e4

This is more or less the same stuff and all I ever use for sealing purpose. You can also use something like blue hylomar which is roughly the same price.

Again you can save some ££ by getting your aux belt from a local motor factors our online.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GATES-6pk-1938-6pk1938-Micro-V-Ribbed-Fan-Auxiliary-Alternator-DriveBelt-/350510886660?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519c13af04

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Loctite-5699-Premium-Grey-Silicone-Gasket-Maker-Sealant-JDM-Japanese-Engines-/270940232164?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f154bd9e4

This is more or less the same stuff and all I ever use for sealing purpose. You can also use something like blue hylomar which is roughly the same price.

Again you can save some ££ by getting your aux belt from a local motor factors our online.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GATES-6pk-1938-6pk1938-Micro-V-Ribbed-Fan-Auxiliary-Alternator-DriveBelt-/350510886660?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item519c13af04

cool mate, i'll get some of those ordered up. :D

I would recommend Loctite 5900 for sealing a large surface like an oil pan. It has better compatability with gasoline (which will be present in small quantities in engine oil) and also leeches less free silicone into the oil, reducing the risk of damge to the O2 sensor. It is also contains a thickener to make it more suitable for application by hand (5910 is the same product but designed for application by robot).

Although the manufacturers used to make all sorts of claims for blue Hylomar I wouldn't use it on an application that was not 100% smooth and flat and wasn't backed up by some other kind of gasket.

Why do you need new cam cover nuts and bolts ?

If you do try a local fasteners, general stuff is pennies not pounds

got a small weep coming from the rear RHS cam cover, its the gasket. So im going to replace the whole lot, :D Yeah i might very do, i just want to see the price difference between the 3?

I would recommend Loctite 5900 for sealing a large surface like an oil pan. It has better compatability with gasoline (which will be present in small quantities in engine oil) and also leeches less free silicone into the oil, reducing the risk of damge to the O2 sensor. It is also contains a thickener to make it more suitable for application by hand (5910 is the same product but designed for application by robot).

Although the manufacturers used to make all sorts of claims for blue Hylomar I wouldn't use it on an application that was not 100% smooth and flat and wasn't backed up by some other kind of gasket.

To be fair Digsy he's only using a bit on the front of the cam covers so I can't see them causing a problem as it is only a small amount needed.

I have used 5699 before on an autobox sump with no issues either but thanks for the recommendation. :)

got a small weep coming from the rear RHS cam cover, its the gasket. So im going to replace the whole lot, :D Yeah i might very do, i just want to see the price difference between the 3?

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the nuts and bolts and overkill replacing them to be honest

To be fair Digsy he's only using a bit on the front of the cam covers so I can't see them causing a problem as it is only a small amount needed.

I have used 5699 before on an autobox sump with no issues either but thanks for the recommendation. :)

No worries :) You could probably use almost any RTV if its just for the bit near the cam covers, and as you say the other contamination issues would not be relevant on a transmission.