The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Billit Aluminium Lightweight crank pulley

ashbuster

ive not noticed much talk about these so i was wondering if they are shite?

alot cheaper than stock

heres one for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-Soarer-Aristo-LexusSC300-GS300-IS300-2JZGTE-CRANK-CRANKSHAFT-PULLEY-/140835727512?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ASupra&hash=item20ca76a898

i already have one coming soon that a very nice member here is borrowing me untill i get a new one but while i was looking for a price on ebay this has popped up and they seem to sell them on a few sites

For the OP and anyone else reading this, stay the hell away from undampened crank pulley's, I did the stupid thing once and got one without doing the research and it threw the crank shaft out of balance and bent it.

There was a thread on here a while back where someone was asking for first hand experience of actual crankshaft damage due to fitting undamped pulleys, but as far as I can recall no one posted up anything concrete. Can you elaborate on what happened?

There was a thread on here a while back where someone was asking for first hand experience of actual crankshaft damage due to fitting undamped pulleys, but as far as I can recall no one posted up anything concrete. Can you elaborate on what happened?

Sure, my crank pulley went so I ordered a lightened pulley set complete with crankshaft pulley, had it all replaced and then around 500-1000 miles later I was driving it hard on twisty's so it was constantly high in the rev's(it was an N/A btw) for the first time since the pulley was changed, took it about 15-20 minuites before the engine started clanging and banging and the car started shuddering violently. Car got towed to the garage engine was taken out, stripped down and the bent crank was discovered, the garage examined the engine closely and the only thing they could put there finger on being the cause was the crank pulley, it was an otherwise healthy 68k mile engine.