The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've got a weird door card

Rob

I might have mentioned this before, but there has always been a sticky patch on my door card near the glass, where my elbow has sat while driving for the last 12 years. I've tried cleaning it before with stuff like Grooom! but never had any good results. Today I went at it again and noticed the cloth I was rubbing with had a turquoise residue on it. I tried foaming cleaner, even Isopropyl alcohol and engine degreaser, and this turquoisy greeny stuff kept rubbbing off. I tried the alcohol on another part of the door card leather, as I suspected it was the leather colour leeching out with the alcohol, but that just came out black/grey, like dirt removal.

Any ideas what this blue / green stickyness is?

I had this, it's the glue from the factory that's gone off and with your elbow being on it all the time its seeping through, I replaced mine.

Eurgh! Did you replace both? It worries me there might be a difference in colour / tone /wear. Still, at least its not as rare as I thought.