The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Snap off steering wheel

_Shane_

Going to fit one of these to my supra and was wondering how straight forward it is

Currently my steering wheel setup looks like

If i purchase a snap off steering wheel is it just a matter of me removing the existing boss that you see fitted in the above pic, then fit the new thinner boss and thats it job done or is there anything else i must do?

the boss kit above in my pic that came fitted in the car, do i remove that and then replace that with the snap off kit?

OR does the snap off hub go onto the existing hub you see in the above pic? Thats where im a bit confused?

Thanks lads

My driftworks one fitted onto my existing boss. Hope this helps

anyone know if i can remove the hub as per pic above and then fit my snap off kit ??? or must the snap off kit attach to the existing hub ?

Only reason im asking / need to know this is i have a dished steering wheel at the moment and it comes out a nice bit than a normal flushed wheel

Thanks

What snap off boss do you have? On the Driftworks one it brings the wheel about 40mm nearer to you.

You may be able to find std boss that is shorter than the one already fitted, I think JP had a shorter one on his car.

Unless you get a weld on boss any removable ones I have seen would attach to your current boss and not replace it.

Hope that helps