The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance

robb_mead

Hi Guys,

I am new to all this supra.net and was wondering if someone can help. I am getting a supra very soon with modifications etc, I expect it will be an import to But am thinking about the dreaded insurance. Can you suggest some got companies to try. I am 22 yrs old, 4 years no claims,

also there is any other people the same age that can tell me how much there insurance is etc.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the board chap. Insurance is a bit difficult on these beasts for youngens like ourselves, but there are companies out there that will do it.

The only companies I found that would insure under 25s on import Supra's were:

Elephant

Adrian Flux

Footman James

Elephant were the cheapest, but they won't replace modified parts and there have been some wild tales about their customer service and prolific attempts to get out of claims.

I went with Elephant, because they were the best of a bad bunch, however I wish I could recommend them but I can't. They've been pretty much pathetic to deal with for even the simplest of things, and i'm praying to the car gods that I dont ever have to claim from them.

Adrian Flux will only pay out a maximum of £10k due to your age, so if your cars worth around that then they may well be a better bet for you, and will insure mods for you too.

Footman James have aparantly got a pretty good reputation but they were extortionate when I got a quote from them.

For guidance, i'm 22 with 3 years NCB, 1 accident 4 years ago and 3 points four years ago. I'm paying £2000 with Elephant, all mods (bodykit, wheels, lowered, exhaust/induction etc) declared on a 1993 import Twin Turbo.

Good luck with it mate, they (Supra's) are worth it!

thanks for your help there,

Yeah i am wanting to speand about 15K on a TT supra so i think i will give elephant a call then and see what they can do. I used to be with elephant when they were first around and they would not even give me a quote on my old car with mods so they must have improved in that sense but yeah I hate elephant insurance but will have to pray I dont have to make a claim.

thanks again though,:flame Dev

mate, also try tesco... i'm with them. got my supe when i was 23, had my audi quattro with them before that too. I'm paying £1600 I think for mine on a TT6 import with all mods declared (lots of mods!!) driving 7 years, 7 years NCB.

I could not find another company that would quote me less than 3k this year due to a)my age b)import car c)mods

without mods it was £1200ish IIRC

good luck!

They insured me this year as i have had a policy with them for a few years but it went up by a lot, seems they aren't interested in insuring under 25's on them anymore. I pay nearer 2000 on my NA.

However it would be 1600 on a tt, hence why i may change it very soon!!

Anyone know any decent importers?