The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New 2006 Supra!!

400BHP

This weeks Auto Express (delivered today) has spy shots of the new Supra in heavy disguise on a racing track.

Meet Toyota's new Supra-Car. These exclusive shots give the world its first glimpse of the firm's new sporting flagship. It will be the japanese compay's fastest model since the Supra was scrapped in the UK in 1996.

And while rumours of a 480BHP replacement have been circulating for more than a year, these pictures are proof the project is finally underway. Known only as the F1 Commemoration Car in Japan, the two door prototype seen here is powered my a mighty front engined 5.0 litre V8, which will also be used in future Lexus models.

The naturally aspirated unit will be mated to a six-speed auto gearbox feeding power to the rear wheels, with manual paddleshifters mounted on the steering wheel.

It's also thought that hybrid technology could be used on soem vartients to boost torque, without increasing emissions.

As you can see, there are no visible intakes at the front. Engineers have fitted radiators at the back, just below the makeshift taillights on this test mule.

At the rear, an aerodynamic undertray and three centrally mounted exhausts hint at the newcomers performance potential. Insiders tell us that the model wont be launched until Toyota's F1 team starts to record regular podium finishes. Cynics say we'll be waiting forever, but the car will be made road-ready by 2006

pics are a bit shite, my scanner is broken so I took a picture with my camera

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/3915/newsupra2006.jpg

Originally posted by Bobbeh

NM Chris.. leave the sccops to the proffessionals next time ;)

:donkey: ;)

:werd:

Ooooo! I love my clunky, clumsy, never find a gear manual box! I'm sure they will make a bottom of the range model with a manual box for all the 'real' drivers! :D ;)

COME ON, LETS HAVE IT YOU MANUAL LOVING POOFS!

:p