The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch reservoir heat shield install

Dim Sum

I have recently purchased a Clutch reservoir heat shield for the supra and i have polished it and etc. When it came to fitting it i realised that on the reservoir there ain't any holes to mount the shield, and when i had a look at the reservoir where it suppose to be bolted to, there is two circle block or filled. I was wondering if this is normal?:blink:

My is a Jspec import 6Speed, never did have a Clutch reservoir heat shield. Is there any other way to secure it? or am i missing something?:think:

I can't return it because it's polished now

Edited by Dim Sum (see edit history)

I had this problem i bought the whole clutch res just for the sheild. My NA one didnt have the bolt wholes so i used two small blobs of high temp sellant. Worked a charm wont move at all now.

Okay thanks for information. I was thinking about that or maybe to sell it.

After all this time looking for one only to find another little hurdle.

As above. Couple of dabs of Tiger Seal or RTV sealant or something. It's actually tiger seal holding my rear spats on! Strong ol' stuff!

As much as I would love to tiger seal and use sealant to stick in on. I was thinking what if I need to Polish it again.

Can it not be polished in situ? You don't need to polish the inside!! Lol Removable adhesives include; blutack, double sided tape, velcro or hubba bubba!

lol thanks for your quick reply. I will do something tomorrow to get it fitted probably wont be using hubba Bubba heard it ain't very good with the heat:D