The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who said red ones dont look good...

Getrag

merckx,

At least your's has the correct spats. :p

Toyota OE skirts and Veilside spats?

Looks like a good car for the money. It's probably only that price because it's red.

(BTW mate, that first link is pretty pointless)

The first link is a picture of the car, which couldnt be hyperlinked, so I just left it. Then again, im not in combat mode ;)

I think the car also needs an aftermarket bumper to finish it off and the alloys help, maybe 18's would be better.

Are those Khans, 18?...the long spokes make them look nice and big.

Originally posted by Graham S

whats the difference between OE spats and Veilside ones? i've never noticed (but haven't really looked).

Look then! :D

Well mate, they're different shapes. The easiest wat to tell "on the move" is that the bottom of the V ones goes back along the bumper further than the OE ones.

Also, the V ones are fibreglass rather than polyurethane and they put your insurance up whereas the OE ones don't.

Oh yeah, and not forgetting that THEY LOOK TOTALLY FUCKING DIFFERENT! :p

j/k mate

:mad: :mad: I'LL FEKIN WHITE CAR YA ALREET!!!!! :mad: :mad:

There's been a white one on Autotrader for a while now which is much cheaper than the rest.:)

Most of the white ones that I've seen have been dirty, but I've also seen pic's of ones in the states that have been clean and shiny and they do look nice!

Don't like people slagging off the red ones, there definately isn't one colour better than another for this car it's just personal preference.

I preferred to get the red car but would have been happy to get one in another colour aswell! :)

Personally i'd steer well clear of red cars (unless it's a ferrari:D )

I had a mk3 supra before in red, and it was a pain to keep the paint looking good. The bonnet and roof gradually fade to that 'orrible pinky-whitey red kinda colour, meaning tons of T-Cut or whatever to keep it lookin' good. However, if constantly polishing your car is your thing, go ahead.. :thumbs:

Red is one of the *easiest* colours to look after. My last car was white and it always looked filthy and was impossible to get a good shine on it.

I reckon black is probably the best supra colour, but you really do have to clean and polish it often.

Red can be nearly as shiny, but it doesn't show the dirt as much. Mine still looks great after a quick wash and everyone thinks I spend hours waxing it, which I don't :)

James.

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~jamesg/misc/supra_back.jpg

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~jamesg/misc/supra_side.jpg