The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reading meet Tuesday 19th october

DEF

Sorry for posting so late but I have had work and car issues that have taken up all my spare time.

The next reading Japanese car owner’s club meet will be on Tuesday 19th \October

@ Comet near the Madejski stadium J11 M4 from 6pm as usual.

Remember this is a static meet and you should always enter, exit and drive safely!

See you all there

def

LOCATION change LOCATION change LOCATION change

Sorry again but the location has changed from Comet @ Reading to Hobby craft which is across the road from Reading prison.

Directions: go passed Madejski stadium and the normal meet location on the a33.

Turn Right when at the end (this is called the IDR and is the ring road round Reading).

Follow this road round till you get to a cross roads (Prudential).

Go straight over (reading prison is now on your left). It is the right at that round about and left into hobby craft car park.

My number in case you are lost is 07747656427

But if lost follow the ring road round till you find HMP Reading.

Def

Please post if you have read this

Great meet for such a small venue and a great turn out of Supras:)

But i heard some disturbing reports that there was a couple of jap car owners firing fire works and rockets @ the hobby craft store after i left.

I even had the number plates given to me so you know who you are so please grow up and if i ever hear or see this sort of thing i will give the persons details to the police after ive called them.

But lets not let that spiol what was a great meet and hope you all make it to the next 1:) (should be at Comet next to madejski stadium if fottys not on)

def

I shall say this before I start.... the following statement is my own and is not reflective of any other supra or any other car owner for that matter. I realize what I am about say might get me permantely banned from this board, but I will not stand by.

Firstly, I was not responsible for lighting of any fireworks.

Secondly, if you threaten me with the police you had better have some more proof than just my number plate, I suggest you have some solid evidence.

Yes I was there when the act took place, however I was not involved, and implicating me because my car was there or because you have my number is bordering on defamiation.

I am well aware of my stand point on the law, and if you continue to make such threats towards me or anybody else who I regard as a friend, I will gladly assist in obtaining legal help.

In future I suggest you confirm your facts before making such sweeping statements.

If you make my number plate, I will gladly let you know which one was mine.

If you wish to discuss this matter on the phone, pm me and I will gladly give you my mobile phone number.

Gavan

I too was at this at the time, and also would like to say without offending anyone, that nothing was fired at hobbycraft, i think maybe 2 rockets went off, which were no where near people and were no where towards shops or anywhere that could cause any damage..

I know to most people, seeing others setting off fireworks does give the impression that they are 'idiots' but almost everyone had gone at the time and there was no way any chance that anyone or anything could be damaged / hurt. The person(s) using the fireworks did so with respect to others and alerted everyone before lighting to give others time to get to a safe distance

Sorry to anyone that may be offended but personally didn't see much cause for concern.

Also to DEF, what registrations were you given? I also along with Gavan would happily give out my reg..

Thanks

Graham..

And to those people who were there, do you think it was the bloke that was driving that red sierra with the white bonnet, again!

:D

Originally posted by Graham S

And to those people who were there, do you think it was the bloke that was driving that red sierra with the white bonnet, again!

I dunno, you might have a point there mate, I also heard he was doing 160 on A33......... ;)

Guest slow dog

first. sorry def didnt know it was your car park

second. i am over the legal age to do so

third. the people in our group thought it was a nice thing to do on a supra meet.

fourth.it aint against the law to do so

fifth. if i was aiming i would of made dam sure i would of hit it.

sixth. my car red sierra white bumper reg is o1d 2hed

seventh, if it is against the law call them and tell them that paul from basingstoke let off 2 fireworks in a big carpark

p.s thanks for your concern.....

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Setting off fireworks in a public place, like a carpark, is against the law.

yep

as this is NOT public property or property/land belonging to any of us, i have been told that this is against the laws and this would go against some health and safety issue im sure

As I have said, I will not name the person responsible,

However pointing fingers at a group of people is defamation....

And since this has gathered a bit of momentum I will say it...

I am under caution already because of the Guildford cruise, and if the police get wind of even possible involvement I risk getting into trouble..

Now bear in mind I've just gotten my supra, if I get into trouble I risk losing it, and if it is becuase some smart arse decided to report me because I was NEARBY I will be less than please I can tell you...if I was directly involved then it is my fault..

However personally I've made my viewpoint very apparent, and you know what, if people like my view point, don't read my postings.....

PS : Slow... that sierra of yours really shifts nicely... might have to trade my bm in for one... is the white bumper a mod or is standard??

Hang on guys ive not posted that i feel any 1 person is responsible and have never mentioned any 1 who has posted on here is guilty and they are getting reported.

But it is against the law and ive been told that if someone acts like an idiot ie setting off fireworks in a public place, or burning around like a nova driver then i can inform and should inform them as it will directly reflect against me and my meet.

Theres normally 150 jap cars that turn up and has done for a year and a half now and by the phone calls ive had they seem to see it as a little silly and out of the 32 owners clubs the meet is posted on im sure you wont find 1 that would think that a reasonable thing to do.

Ok, people seem to have strong opinions for what I can see was only a mild warning about behaviour at meetings. As I said in my PM to Gavin, setting off fireworks may seem like such an insignificant act to even warrant mentioning, but the police have never liked car meetings especially on the scale achieved by Def, and they're only looking for an excuse to go in there and get everyone to move on and they will do if people do things like set of fireworks.

Def stated he had already left when what ever happend happend so all you are doing is shoting the messenger. He didn't even point the finger, he only said "couple of jap car owners", like that narrows it down when 32+ jap clubs are in attendance.

Can we drop this now please as it isn't needed. Def's meets have been running a long time and all the time our club is invited I will support him in ensuring the event runs smoothly and without trouble.

Now :hug: and get on with organising the next one! :)

Does that mean no one took my plate as mine is a lovely example of a UK spec

:D

Sorry if i caused offence to anyone, didn't mean to, just didn't think it was that much of a big deal!

:thumbs:

Will have a word next time if I see it happen again, I know what its like with police etc..

Guest projectprelude

oh gonads!!!! i totally missed out i didnt know you was having fireworks after why didnt anyone tell me!!!

Def shall i bring a guy next month?