The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra or GT-R

Guest DNate

Hi guys!

The question is simple. Witch one would you pick?

A TT Supra, tuned to around 600HP worth of like 30 000 euros, or a stock Nissan GTR (r35).

For me what I care the most is reliability, how safe is to drive in bad conditions, comfort, and which one is more fun to drive?

Cheers!

Edited by DNate (see edit history)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys!

For me what I care the most is reliability, how safe is to drive in bad conditions, comfort, and which one is more fun to drive?

Cheers!

Witch one would you pick? - Supra

reliability - Supra

how safe is to drive in bad conditions - GTR

comfort - Personal preference

which one is more fun to drive - Personal Preference.

My views anyway, can't help but think your answers are going to be way too biased on here.

Bit of a daft question tbh, if i could afford a gtr or 30k supra, i would pick the stock gtr, i think most would

I wouldn't, drove a GTR and it just DID everything, no excitement to it in my opinion.

I was thinking about getting one but decided to go single after driving one.

Depends what you mean by 'fun' to drive. The Supra is far more engaging, but doesn't suffer fools gladly. It's more comfortable too if you do the right things with the suspension. If tuned correctly it should be more reliable, but in poor conditions the four-wheel drive will come in handy.

I'd pick the Supra every time. For me the GTR is way too much of a compromise to ever consider owning one.

- - - Updated - - -

Bit of a daft question tbh, if i could afford a gtr or 30k supra, i would pick the stock gtr, i think most would

Not at all. I'd have the Supra every time IF it had been tuned to my perfect spec.

the supra is fun because its reliable,dangerous in bad conditions,DOES NOT HAVE TRACTION CONTROL THAT REALLY WORKS,and 600bhp would be straight at the rear wheels at 4500rpm so your going sideways,its driver skill to keep you straight which make for a interesting drive!! this is why the supra is loved

the GT-R is fun because it accelerates so fast because its grip with 4wd,and corners better because its got computers,its big enough to take the family, thats why the GT-R is loved.

The problem is that a 600+bhp Supra won't be as easy to use all year round as the GTR.

Depending on how extreme the Supra is tuned, the ride can be less smooth (clutch, noise from fuel pumps, suspension, ...) than the fully electronically controlled GTR.

The problem is that a 600+bhp Supra won't be as easy to use all year round as the GTR.

Depending on how extreme the Supra is tuned, the ride can be less smooth (clutch, noise from fuel pumps, suspension, ...) than the fully electronically controlled GTR.

i guess it depends on if you want a full on race car to use on the street (with the loudness and minimal luxuries) or a more luxurious comfy, but still fast, car

Just because you have 600 bhp doesn't mean you need rock hard suspension. If this question is about a car that is driven daily your a fool of you put coilovers and bucket seats with racing harnesses in it. Stock suspension although high is a nice ride and factory recaros are very comfy. I agree on the clutch though. Fuel pumps I don't hear with the radio or exhaust noise.

Exactly this, when it comes too the snow/ice or even heavy rain even my modestly modded supra is hopeless In these conditions never mind a high hp one, where as the gtr will just pull on through the snow/ice/rain thanks too the 4wd system, the gtr maybe isnt quite as fast as a 30k supra but the useabillity of the wins everytime

Hi guys!

A TT Supra, tuned to around 600HP worth of like 30 000 euros, or a stock Nissan GTR.

Cheers!

Mine is about to be broken - so if you want a 640+bhp Supra for less than €30k then you've not much time left!

If the OP is looking for a car which he wants to drive in bad conditions then he will need AWD.

Like this car :D

I have driven both my Supra's in heavy torrential rain and they have been fine, just ensure like all cars you have good tyres all round and also the geo setup correctly and regularly checked. If it is snowing then obviously it is a daft idea to take a car out anyway, not because it will be difficult for you but other plonkers who will plough into you!!

I was on the verge of selling up and buying a GT-R. I took my supra out for an hour at WOT and very quickly changed my mind. As it has been said, it all depends on you supras setup. My suspension isn't crazy hard and I've a false MDF boot floor in so I can't really hear the fuel pumps. I'm replacing my noisy clutch with a nice quiet 1 and Toning down the exhaust a little for a more civilized car.

I do have a GT-R On my wish list and odds are I'll buy 1 but not yet, not while I have supra love flowing through my veins :)