The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would be required to convert VVTI head to none VVTI?

Brazil

Because of the restrictions Chris explains below; Another reason is that I am intending to buy a already built head so why not buy the best performance one.

Originally Posted by Chris Wilson

I wouldn't use a VVTi head at all. it's not true twin cam control like VANOS, and the choice of cam profiles is extremely limited. Plus I am not convinced the VVTi actuator is up to controlling cams with aggressive ramp angles, hence the odd rattling from the thing when more "racy" profiles are used. I'd stick with a properly prepped used none VVTi head, (new guides, and check the bucket to head clearance on used heads) or a new casting. If you are on a budget I would most definitely not use a VVTi head, as there's a lot more mapping time with doing a full VVTi map under lots of load sites. Keep it simple, but do the simple stuff PROPERLY.

I've not made up my mind I am simply exploring my options. :)

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)