The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Custom Dash Project.

listy

I'm starting my custom dash panel this week, so thought I would post what my plans are.

Originally, I was going to move the heater controls down to where the stereo is, and move the stereo down a notch.

Then have 5 guages at the top of the panel.

However, after thinking about it, I've decided to do the usual, two guages at the top, and three at the bottom.

This is the plan. Everything in the blue/purple is what will be added.

I'll be using fine mesh, fibreglass, and body filler to smooth it all out.

Few pics of progress so far.

I used some flimsy plastic (cuttable with scissors) as the perspex I was going to use kept cracking, so changed the plan a little bit.

I stuck the plastic on the back of the panel, then fillered over the top. Once I get some more fibreglass (I didnt have as much as I thought) I'm going to mesh and FG the back of the filler, to give it more strength (even though the filler is rock solid, want to be safe)

A few pics so far.

1. Cut panel out where the gauges will be going.

Missing a couple here, but then cut out and stuck the plastic on the back of the dash, then fillered over the top.

2. Filler sanded down, ready for a smoothing layer to go on. Also need to tidy up the holes for the gauges, but will be doing that when I have actually purchased them, to get the size spot on.

Thats all for now kids. Maybe a bit more later today.