The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bpu + NOS on a Jspec Auto box ?

Bagci

Just an idea, as the title says.. Do you guys think the auto box would be okay? Is anyone runni g this setup? I understand the box is good up to about 500-550? And BPU would be running around 400 and sprays of nitrous increasing it to around 500?

Like I say, just an idea instead of a small single[GRIN][/GRIN]

Again, no Idea sorry. My car came with it already fitted. Doesn't look a massive job to fit though. You just need to run a NOS line from the boot, or whereever the bottle is going, tap into the fuel line after the filter, and put a bit of wiring in for a throttle microswitch, and power for the solenoids. There are probably a few other bits and bats, but I didn't take it out, a mechanic did.

I am making some assumptions here but I presume you have stock 440 injectors and no fuel control, running a Jspec to 1.2 bar is risky as there will be points where you go lean, the NOS could increase that risk, i would go bpu first and see how you get on, NOS does not last very long at all and is expensive, not the most efficient use of cash, I would spend it on bigger injectors and some sort of fuel controller

I am making some assumptions here but I presume you have stock 440 injectors and no fuel control, running a Jspec to 1.2 bar is risky as there will be points where you go lean, the NOS could increase that risk, i would go bpu first and see how you get on, NOS does not last very long at all and is expensive, not the most efficient use of cash, I would spend it on bigger injectors and some sort of fuel controller

A 12lb bottle lasts on average about 4 seconds. Have you seen the fast and furious?????

Spot on, injectors are running close to maximum fuel duty at BPU as it is. If its more power you are craving that is not the way to do it.

Fast Cheap Reliable - Choose Two.