The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will the larger brakes fit?

Abz

I just brought Dean's larger 4 pot brakes off his Supra and I had a slight hesitation if they will fit. Now I am planning on changing my wheels anyway but not so bloody soon! I am rubbish with offsets and the like. I popped out earlier to get a quick photo with my accurate measuring tool and just wanted your opinions.

Think I got about 5cm in the first picture & about 3cm from the closet point.

Alloys are 18" OZ Futura & yes I know the lips need doing, it's on my to do list ;)

accurate measuring tool :D lol

is it not you that is "the tool" :jester:

just kidding drag buddy

Nope, you are the tool :D

Couldn't find a measuring tool when I took this photo, come home and an hour later I find 2 in a draw I checked. Sods law!!

It will be tight imo, maybe have some spacers at the ready

I have a feeling it might be tight, though to be honest I noticed most of the setups seem tight.

Do you not have a mate nearby who has Uk's and try fitting your wheel on theirs?

H.

Good point H! Got the Bluewater meet in a couple of weeks, might have to tempt someone with some Haribo :D

Abz, I could pop a stock 17" wheel on mine tomorrow night and do the key test/measurements to the spoke to see how they compare?

btw if you are off loading the j-specs eventually could you let me know how much you want for everything and/or just the rears (pads, disks and calipers).....cheers

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

They won't fit, the uk calipers are very wide.

Jeez, break it to me gently man!! :D

Abz, I have a 3mm and 5mm spacers, yours if you want them to tide you by :)

Might have to take you up on this offer, taking it by using these spacers it 'should' clear the brakes?

You can have a full refund if you want Abz, no problem mate
It's okay Dean, I'll use a hammer if I need too!!

Abz, I could pop a stock 17" wheel on mine tomorrow night and do the key test/measurements to the spoke to see how they compare?

btw if you are off loading the j-specs eventually could you let me know how much you want for everything and/or just the rears (pads, disks and calipers).....cheers

Planning to sell them all as they are pretty mint, all yours if you want them dude. Thanks for offering to help on the measurement test but I think the best bet is going to be a trip to a fellow member for a test fit!!

If not I might just put a wanted thread up for some stock 17's and run it on them.

Looking at the measuring tool (not abz!)

Even with 20mm spacers on, I still don't think they would even be close to fitting on the fronts :-(

Just try your wheel on a uk spec front set up car first before u waste any money getting them fitted!!

Thanks all! Much appriciate for the replies.

Think I am going to have to take Andrew up on his offer of borrowing some stock 17's incase they don't fit, not looking likely now.

Dude, you can borrow some 17s from me until winter :)

Will give you a buzz a bit later dude!!