Somethings wrong with my N/A!!!!

Jamesc183

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

really... wow.. i know the TT's are fast but i wasnt expecting the N/A to be so slow!

They are only 215 bhp or so... not a huge amount considering the weight. The NA's were designed more as a cruiser than a bruiser. Though saying all that they shouldn't be having trouble with a 1.6 fiesta.

Get it tuned on a proper dyno, it may be down on power due to poor servicing from your last owner. Shouldn't cost alot to get it done just for a power run.

Some NA engines have been well looked after and have pushed 240bhp. Mine with mod's and a service pushed 220 and there's no way a fiesta would of kept up with me. Best get it checked before you jump the gun :)

Saying that, my NA made 244hp, 201ATW, it had never been serviced in the three years I had it. The plugs were so old they wouldn't come out of the head, leads were as stiff as a coat hanger and it only ever got an oil flush when it ran out!

What's your 0-60 time / top end?

Saying that, my NA made 244hp, 201ATW, it had never been serviced in the three years I had it. The plugs were so old they wouldn't come out of the head, leads were as stiff as a coat hanger and it only ever got an oil flush when it ran out!

What's your 0-60 time / top end?

Remind me never to buy a car off you. LOL

Now that is proper abuse. I feel bad if i don't service mine (or at least do an oil change) after 6 months!

Haha, well I knew the engine was coming out, the sooner it blew up, the sooner I'd have to start the conversion.

What I'm trying to say is that if it's really as slow as he's saying, no amount of royal purple oil changes, fancy plugs etc are going to net him 30+ hp required to beat the fiesta!

If it was an ST, then he'd have no chance anyway. My Golf TDI was quicker than the NA once rolling (60+).

Hang on, the Fiesta's got 132HP and does 0-60 in 8.7 secs.

Your Supra only did 0-60 in that time when it was new. Although you've got more power, his weighs the same as a wet tea bag.

Ah right, well mine never did :p.

Either way, he's picking on a little hatch that weighs nothing, with a decent amount of power for it's size. A friend of mine had a saxo vtr, I couldn't keep up with that, and it only had 110hp.

Also, as I've said, the Mrs could out accelerate me in the Golf!

134bhp out of one of those Fiestas, 0-60 in 8.4. Pretty respectable for a little Fiesta that only weighs a tonne.

So I'm guessing a well peddled one would keep up with a 15+ year old(guess) heavy supra, until you get to 80 leptons plus then you should pull away.

I also think a lot of N/A Supras would dyno around 200bhp these days in their current form(i.e, without giving them a full service before hand).