The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help and info needed for best parts and what they do for TT to BPU etc

DodgyRog

I know some of this has been covered and I am still searching when I can, but thought I would ask anyway:hunter::twak::fight:

I have put up a wanted thread as well

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?275308-BPU-parts-Gauges-Controller-FMIC-and-piping-etc

but this is for general info on what to look out for on here and Ebay

Now please remember my budget is going to be limited, but I would like to know what peoples feedback is regarding best equipment at reasonable cost

I realise cheap as chips is generally poor, but what do you lot think is the crossover point when it becomes good value for the money

All things I get need to be reliable, I don't want to buy cheaper now, but then have to replace them in 6 month a years time

I don't need super dooper stuff, I have a 5-speed box, so BPU will be my limit

Things like boost controllers are totally above my head being a long time N/A owner. So is there a decent older model I can look out for etc

As I have said, I am researching as well, but would like some up to date feedback

Anything that people think I will need please post up, obviously I am planning on Keron suppling the TT engine, but I will try to find some of the other bits in the mean time

Cheers Rog

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

well so far i've got

double decats

fuel pump

Still to get get

Boost controller(only if the RR dont control the boost)

RR 1.2 bar off Chris Wilson

Plugs

Whifbitz Exhaust

FCD

Might have missed stuff ?

No need for a FMIC unless you want looks, Stock is more than capable handling BPU

Everything you need to know about BPU is here :http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)

Thats what i read up before going BPU and gain a little more understanding of it.

There's so many supra breaking at the moment so maybe its worth looking for parts you might need there.

Personally i think you are in safe hands with Keron dealing with it. Is he fitting as well or just suppling the engine, looms and ecu?

well so far i've got

double decats

fuel pump

Still to get get

Plugs

Whifbitz Exhaust

FCD

No need for a FMIC unless you want looks, Stock is more than capable handling BPU

Thanks Geo

So FCD wise, is the HKS one okay and if I wait to get a Boost Controller to see if RR does the job, will it be undrivable if the RR does not keep the boost

I will be after a FMIC, as I have the TRD front and it's crying out for a nice silver FMIC in there lol

Everything you need to know about BPU is here :http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)

Thats what i read up before going BPU and gain a little more understanding of it.

There's so many supra breaking at the moment so maybe its worth looking for parts you might need there.

Personally i think you are in safe hands with Keron dealing with it. Is he fitting as well or just suppling the engine, looms and ecu?

That's one off the threads I am going to read when I get home tonight, but I would like to know if there are any specific gauges etc to look out for or avoid

I am just after the general feedback, is there a better quiter fuel pump for example or an older Boost controller that will suite my needs and because it's older makes it more affordable, that sort of thing

As for Keron, he will be doing the transplant and fitting of the BPU stuff

Thanks Geo

So FCD wise, is the HKS one okay and if I wait to get a Boost Controller to see if RR does the job, will it be undrivable if the RR does not keep the boost

I will be after a FMIC, as I have the TRD front and it's crying out for a nice silver FMIC in there lol

HKS FCD is one of the best imo, prob the one i'll use tbh. Yeah wait and see if the RR see's the boost, if it dont use a BC to get 1.2 bar. You will overboost no doubt, which you dont want, so you need to try it first see what boost your making then decide the BC.

well so far i've got

double decats

fuel pump

Still to get get

Plugs

Whifbitz Exhaust

FCD

I have a 1.2bar Chris wilson restrict or ring if you want it mate just let me know your address and I'll send it to you. It's unused.

ive got a whifbitz rr just taken off my car if you need one mate, abit busy at the minute with posting out parts but if you can wait a week ill send it out to you f.o.c

Thanks Parry, I will Pm my address bud, no hurry from my end at all, what Bar is if you remember

MY 1st TT bit:d

Thanks Parry, I will Pm my address bud, no hurry from my end at all, what Bar is if you remember

im not sure tbh as ive always used a boost controller to control my boost, also have a set of gauges for sale in the for sale section and a fmic with turbo side piping but not inlet side

That's one off the threads I am going to read when I get home tonight, but I would like to know if there are any specific gauges etc to look out for or avoid

I am just after the general feedback, is there a better quiter fuel pump for example or an older Boost controller that will suite my needs and because it's older makes it more affordable, that sort of thing

As for Keron, he will be doing the transplant and fitting of the BPU stuff

You are in safe hands then if Keron is fitting. As for a fuel pump maybe a second uk spec will do the trick.

Old boost controller don't always mean its cheaper. I have a Sard trigger boost controller, its old but I brought it second hand I think around £200.00.

I've seen a few controllers for sale usually around £150.00+

FCD I think anything from. £60.00+

restrictor ring from. £12.00

1st 2rd decats depending on brands £120.00

Than your optional extras like front mount intercoolers and gauges.

might left sound bits out but I'm sure other members will correct me:D

im not sure tbh as ive always used a boost controller to control my boost, also have a set of gauges for sale in the for sale section and a fmic with turbo side piping but not inlet side

The gauges are a bit out of my budget and I will proberbly only get a Boost gauge and looks like I should get an AFR Gauge from my reading. Can you let me know about the FMIC and piping(condition etc) also how much for your HKS BOV (is it on a hard pipe)

Since he's fitting it anyway, I suspect Keron can probably supply most of the parts for you anyway. Have you asked him?

Yeah Keron can, but I am trying to spread the cost out a bit and see if I can pick up a few bits cheaper

This is the sort of question I started this thread for

I have been offered a Thor VFCC, which I think is a Fuel Cut defender, I have also been offered an HKS FCD for slightly less money.

Is one better than the other, should I buy one over the other if the price is the same or close?

HKS FCD is one of the best imo, prob the one i'll use tbh. Yeah wait and see if the RR see's the boost, if it dont use a BC to get 1.2 bar. You will overboost no doubt, which you dont want, so you need to try it first see what boost your making then decide the BC.

Going to completely disagree, the HKS FCD is a piece of cr*p which reduces the signal from the TPS causing my car to run lean. By fitting a BCC it fixed the problem, they don't make greddy anymore but a few companies offer replacement BCC's. All info here http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/bcc/why_bcc/Why_the_GReddy_BCC.htm