The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are torsion Diff's sought after at all?

Guest conman

Guest conman

Hi guys Im a long time member but first time poster as i had a few Soarers over the years i used this site for reference for different engine and gearbox questions

I'm just wondering what people think of torsion diff's are they some thing that people like to have or usually one of the first things to remove from the Supra's?

Torsen diffs are a step up from an open diff, theres no doubt, but they're still fairly low in the pecking order when it comes to L.S. diffs.

The gear ratio, if still attached, may also have a bearing on price as I assume the tougher TT torsen diff would be worth more than the weaker NA unit.

Torsen diffs come in every supra.

Surely thats not correct Guigsy?

Most early NA's came with an open diff did they not?

And a Torsen diff is a type of limited slip diff, just not a very effective one as the effect is lost if one wheel loses traction altogether?

Edited by pedrosixfour
Mis-spelt the man's name. (see edit history)

Surely thats not correct Guigsey?

Most early NA's came with an open diff did they not?

And a Torsen diff is a type of limited slip diff, just not a very effective one as the effect is lost if one wheel loses traction altogether?

:yeahthat:

Most NA's and most Auto TT's had an open diff. Torsen diff was standard fitment on manual TT's.

Guest conman

thanks for all the replies guys i had thought that they came in either the 6 speeds or the TT's but knew they weren't in all as standard.

I was kindo expecting you guys to know way more about them but i guess there aren't many supra's being drifted so you'se dont discuss them that much in here i had bought one years ago for the soarer and never got it fitted as it needs the supra casing and drives, just came across it there when i was cleaning out the shed and thought id do some research before i put it on ebay

thanks for the help guys its really appreciated