The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Non start need help!

Guest triphead

Guest triphead

Ok ive got a manual none turbo and after a long period of being left standing the car is not starting:

Its not battery (swapped and jump tried)

Its not the distributor

- I have not checked the spark plugs (checked dizi with a new plug)

When i loosen the fuel pipe where it connects to the fuel rail it does not spray out on ignition (i dont know if this is correct for a supra because they seem to use a different kind of fuel pump or system? i may be wrong) only when i try to turn the car over?

the car seems to turn over a little slower then normally when trying to start it.

anyone got any ideas of what my problem could be?

If i cant find the issue the car may be being broke as i need to sell it soon

Guest triphead

:'( spark plugs looks like a big job but i spose it needs to be checked thanks for your advice.

Btq is the fuel pump not meant to spray out the fuel on ignition? rather than just turnover or would it not matter as long as its coming out

Guest triphead

checked a couple of the easy to get to spark plugs they are absoloutly coverd in oil? any one know why that much oil is getting in to there? i mean they where dripping with it

Guest triphead

Changed plugs and it has not fixed the problem :( (took me a while to do it too haha)

It did seem to be oil by the smell of it.

I left it for about 2-3 months previously when i have left it for a month or a few weeks it started fine but ran a little lumpy until it warmed up then it was fine other than that

Guest triphead

i cant hear the fuel pump working and i checked it via loosening the fuel pipe from the rail and turning on the ignition but nothing happend unless i depressed the accelartor pedalthen fuel sprayed out. would the fuel still come through without the fuel pump working if the pedal is pressed ?