The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how many supras left on the road

Guest aspire

Guest aspire

Hi. interested to know how many j spec & UK supras were made and how many left on the road today? Are they becoming scarse and the rarity factor means they command good money. is stock the way forward or is there a market for kitted cars?

Some jspecs are far rarer than uk cars. Origonal tt areo's for example.

Most uk cars are a bit long in the tooth now. Condition wise the uks tend to be better looked after. There seem to be plenty of dog like jspecs in comparison. However uks have seen more miles and salty roads. So tend to be more warn out in places and rusty in the bits that do rust. Where as jspecs tend to be lower miles and not seen as many winters.

A low mileage uk tt 6 speed in black is probably the holy grail for many. And would probably fetch as much as many average single turbo's

As to if stock or modified... Depends on the individual's pov.

• 1 month later...
Some jspecs are far rarer than uk cars. Origonal tt areo's for example.

Most uk cars are a bit long in the tooth now. Condition wise the uks tend to be better looked after. There seem to be plenty of dog like jspecs in comparison. However uks have seen more miles and salty roads. So tend to be more warn out in places and rusty in the bits that do rust. Where as jspecs tend to be lower miles and not seen as many winters.

A low mileage uk tt 6 speed in black is probably the holy grail for many. And would probably fetch as much as many average single turbo's

As to if stock or modified... Depends on the individual's pov.

Not if their a weekend toy and don't come out in the winter :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Just had my wheels balanced and the whole of the tyre centre stopped to take pictures

It was the same yesterday when Geo and myself pulled into the Toyota dealers for the safety check up everyone was out looking at them. They do get a lot of attention because there isnt many around. In the UK as a whole theres a fair few but localy in our own areas theres maybe one or two etc which i like as it keeps the individuality that we love driving these cars.

I did a survey a while back and imported supras were registered with a variety of names but most were registered as Supra and Supra Auto. Turbo ones are mainly MK3's with the odd MK4 in there. All UK specs were registered as Supra or Supra Auto.

As of the end of March and speaking to a nice chap at the DFT my best guess is there are 290 UK's left in the country 197 Auto's and 93 Manuals. This is a maximum there could be less as it is impossible to tell exactly.