The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

Hi guys, not been on here in an age! Finally looking to get a second supe as a track machine come occasional driver, need to get it out of my system again!

Problem being that i work abroad a bit so time isnt on my side and I may even have to export it. paul brown have a few that caught my eye, but was wondering if anyone had any experience of them? Seemed friendly enough and the cars look decent from here, but then they only have a mob number on the website and I've heard some really mixed reviews! Just woundering who had dealings before I considered putting a deposit on anything!

Cheers!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, not been on here in an age! Finally looking to get a second supe as a track machine come occasional driver, need to get it out of my system again!

Problem being that i work abroad a bit so time isnt on my side and I may even have to export it. paul brown have a few that caught my eye, but was wondering if anyone had any experience of them? Seemed friendly enough and the cars look decent from here, but then they only have a mob number on the website and I've heard some really mixed reviews! Just woundering who had dealings before I considered putting a deposit on anything!

Cheers!

Buy one from within the club *cough*hint*cough*

Are you selling one Johnny G??? I would like to hear all about it in this thread via either a description or a link.

I expect commission for this flawless plug.

Only plug is the fact you still dont use the search button

I don't see any Paul Brown Cars ultra sticky thread as everyone keeps eluding to.

I see a handful of threads asking about Paul Brown where people chip in only to suggest the use of the search, and when you do go back further in time, you find a lot of posts that include 'I bought this car from Paul Brown' not 'this is my experience with Paul Brown'

Just because the thread has the words 'paul' and 'brown' in it doesn't mean it's the information the author wants.

So for the sake of him, and anyone else trying to not to waste their time with Paul Brown, do the favor and just link it.

Despite all of the negative posts I visited them to view an aerotop I was quite interested in not too long ago. The guy we met was very friendly, answered all of our questions, let us have a test drive and offered me the choice of some other wheels as the stock ones on the car had scuffs.

Decent selection but a bit overpriced considering what you can get for your money on here. They wanted a grand more than it was worth basically.

I'd say if there's one you've seen that they have and you've fallen in love with, it might be worth a look. But view the for sale section on here first, you'll probably save yourself some money.

Despite all of the negative posts I visited them to view an aerotop I was quite interested in not too long ago. The guy we met was very friendly, answered all of our questions, let us have a test drive and offered me the choice of some other wheels as the stock ones on the car had scuffs.

Decent selection but a bit overpriced considering what you can get for your money on here. They wanted a grand more than it was worth basically.

I'd say if there's one you've seen that they have and you've fallen in love with, it might be worth a look. But view the for sale section on here first, you'll probably save yourself some money.

And a sore ass !

After an initial chat on the phone regarding one particular Supra, I asked some further more detailed questions about the car before I spent 8 hours (round trip) of my time to travel there and they never got back to me. Rang and emailed them 2-3 more times to chase and they kept saying we will ring you back but never did. So 2 weeks later I bought one off the forum, their loss !

So my opinion is they lack customer service skills, even when I was about to spend over £7K, so I can't see them ever getting back to you if you had a warranty issue.

I have also been told that they do not have all the cars they advertise and just try to get you down there to give you the big sell, usually with the sentence, sorry that car sold this morning however we do have this other Supra. However I can’t confirm this as I never wasted my time to make the trip.

Edited by r2ck_p (see edit history)