The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got guzumped on a White UK Spec by Toyota Director

DodgyRog

Not a happy bunny today

Well the story starts about a month or more ago when one of Toyotas salesmen asks me if I would be interested in a UK spec Auto they have coming in on px for a GT86, he gave me a price which I was happy with in principle, but would need to give the car a going over when it was pxed in, which they were happy with

Now this car was cheap so I was expecting to have to do some work on it etc, but it was family owned since new and full history etc

Well I have been in contact with the dealership over the last week as the GT86 had arrived and was awaiting collection and was originally planed for last Friday, I called the dealership on Thursday to be told that they had not arranged the trade yet and he would give me a ring when he got a date

Today I happened to be delivering in the area so popped in to see if he knew anything yet

To my surprise as I walked in there was a white uk spec sat in the parking lot in quite good nic, so I assumed it was a customers car

In I go and low and behold this is the Supra that has been px, but I am told that I can't have it as one of the directors has decided to have it

I am so frustrated because the car shouldn't of been there according to what I was told, but obviously they were just stalling so he could have a look over it and if it was not any good they would of tried to flog it off to me

Well I have spent my last £s in Toyota Marsh, having bought 2 cars this year from them and already planning on getting GT86 in the next couple of years, I hope it was worth it for them

The main thing that has annoyed me is the blatant lying to fob me off for a few days, it's not as if I actually went looking to buy the dam car, it was offered to me by them

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

:rlol: add it to the list

We seem to have more UK Spec's than JSpec's, they seem to be popping up everywhere :D

Rog - That is unfair as you could have sold a car to purchase the one they were bringing in for you. Even more unfair seeing as you guys have brought two new cars from them!!

Edited by Abz (see edit history)

Mate if you had told me i would have said that somebody in the dealership was already looking at having it months ago as i also was told about it

Shouldnt have kept it quite i could have saved you time there, Also its got an oil leak from the crank oil seal at the fly wheel and the tail gate leaks water ;)

To be honest it's not me not getting the car that's annoying, it's the blatant lying to keep me interested

If they had told me the situation, I would still of been interested anyway because it was being offered for silly low money

Anyway this has pushed my hand now on my next move Supra wise

To be honest it's not me not getting the car that's annoying, it's the blatant lying to keep me interested

If they had told me the situation, I would still of been interested anyway because it was being offered for silly low money

Anyway this has pushed my hand now on my next move Supra wise

I will be doing a for sale in the classified later, so I can move on to another project

Could have been worse. It could have been a genuineTRD 3000 with 7K miles on the clock..!!

Could have been worse. It could have been a genuineTRD 3000 with 7K miles on the clock..!!

Yeah I know bud, I still remember that happening, it must still be gutting

Well Jen saw me typing up my For Sale thread she has told me to hold off for a while to see if we can sort out another way of moving forward with what I am thinking

If any one reads this though that may be interested in my Supra , Pm me for a price

Bare in mind though I will only sell for top money, it will never be sold cheap as I will just keep it and finish my plans for it