The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Reccomend me a roll cage

Parry_10

Has it got to pass any inspections? If so a certified cage will limit your choice a LOT. If you buy a El Cheapo bolt in cage and just bolt it up to the standard sheet metal it's pretty useless as the legs will just punch through if tested. You need to WELD in spreader plates that join a strong horizontal to vertical interface where the feet mount. IE, sill to floorpan metal has a 90 degree sheet metal gusset welded in, about 3 mm thick, and about 50 sq ins in area. Dash dodger cages are pretty worthless, the main load bearing member, in a roll, is already crippled and will just bend more. If you think you need a cage get a weld in one and do it properly. They are a PITA to fit, I always get a dedicated company to do them as they have all the gear and jockey sized welding monkeys to scrabble around inside the shell.

Buy Steve L's body for less than what a decent cage would cost.

Full FIA approved roll cage already fitted PLUS a heated windscreen.

I'd buy it myself, along with a couple of other bits he has for sale (diff, coilovers ARBs), if I had the readies.

I don't think I'll ever have readies again.:(

A rollcage for a couple of track days? A bit overkill, isn't it?

Depends on how many track days.

Personally IMO you should have some sort of roll cage if you go out on track full stop (Ideally a Weld in one).

Speeds on a track far exceed that of the road and therefore you are more likely to have a serious smash.

You may be driving well within your limits but that does not count for anyone else who could be gunning it lose control and collect you and then put you into a roll.