The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going single recommend me a turbo for 600 ish + BHP

Brazil

Hi guys,

My car is with fininho a member on here whom lives in the Algarve, he is on the process of fitting a single turbo kit on my car. My power goals is 600ish + BHP what turbo do you guys recommend me? On top of my list is a 364 BW batmowheel turbo.

I wil be building my head too and fitting cams, I've be recomended 364's as it suppose to be better for a stree set up.

The T04z are getting a bit prehistoric now, Id go with something PT billet DBB.

The 6262 have had some good results on here already. good luck with your choice.

My old billet 6565H was a monster, and new-ish, but the t04z is waaay better performing imo comparing both. (obv the car setup differences will help)

The T04z are getting a bit prehistoric now, Id go with something PT billet DBB.

The 6262 have had some good results on here already. good luck with your choice.

Lol. The dinosaur Garrett T04Z can easily make 600bhp on pump gas. :) My mate made 630bhp at 23psi on pump gas with one and its at 23 psi boost by 4200rpm, so makes for a great street turbo The newer turbos show most of their gains at 30+ psi, including the Garrett GTX range, compared to the older turbos.

My old billet 6565H was a monster, and new-ish, but the t04z is waaay better performing imo comparing both. (obv the car setup differences will help)

Thats is interesting, how much do you think the difference is down to just a different turbo?

Thats down to the car, i raced the doluck supra when i had the very same 6765 on my car and murdered the t04z.

Lol. The dinosaur Garrett T04Z can easily make 600bhp on pump gas. :) My mate made 630bhp at 23psi on pump gas with one and its at 23 psi boost by 4200rpm, so makes for a great street turbo The newer turbos show most of their gains at 30+ psi, including the Garrett GTX range, compared to the older turbos.

Its still a dated turbo with older tech.

My PT 6765 Billet Journal made 648rwhp @ 1.7 bar on pump fuel.

Thats down to the car, i raced the doluck supra when i had the very same 6765 on my car and murdered the t04z.

yeah reckon most of it is down to the set up of the do-luck v my old one....and i think i remember that race as i was videoing it from your pass seat!!

Its still a dated turbo with older tech.

My PT 6765 Billet Journal made 648rwhp @ 1.7 bar on pump fuel.

Depends what dyno your 648rwhp was on and what other engine mods your car has? The 630bhp was on dyno dynamics with stock engine with 264 cams and a mild tune. The person who has the car now has upped the power to around 700bhp with a better tune.

The difference in the compressor efficiency between old and new turbos is usually only 1-2%, so the differences are not as much as you think. Where the new turbos shine is the ability to make hp at high boost levels (+2.0 bar), but if you are just running pump gas then that doesn't really matter as 1.7 bar is near the safe limit of pump gas.

Edited by V8KILR (see edit history)