The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Has anyone used a Varex or QTP Active Exhaust Backbox/Cutout?

Littler

Hi All,

I'm planning out a bit of a project for the Supe at the minute and part of that is to have an exhaust system that isn't restrictive but with a flick of a switch (or maybe boost level dependant) it can be very quiet and stealth like. I have seen a few options where SP performance and a few other companies offer a 4" exhaust cut out, but also came across the Varex system. Has anyone heard of them or used this product:

http://www.xforce.com.au/about-varex-remote-control-sports-muffler.php

I'm particularly looking at the VMK2G-350 which has a 3.5" inlet (so with matching custom pipework wouldn't be restrictive) and just was curious about peoples thoughts, I've found a couple of threads that mention it but maybe more people have had info on them since?

Or another option was the system offered by QTP:

http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=33

This is a 4" system, again has anyone heard much about them or have one fitted?

Cheers

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Yeah I think most of the info I've found on it is from Australia, it's good to know the quality is there as this sort of solution is what I'm after.

Have you sorted your exhaust solution John?

I havnt even looked at it Adam. I've been bogged down with work the last month so havnt really had time for my own car unfortunately. The exhaust I'd have thought will be the last on the list.