The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi to all you lucky supra owners

Guest grooney166

Guest grooney166

Hi i'm from C.o. Down N Ireland and currently searching for my first supra, i fell in love with the MkIV supra from quite a young age lol an have finally decided its time to buy my very own! So i look forward to using the forum and already got the pdf buyers guide, thanks to all who contributed to that!

I'm very intrested in finding my supra soon so if anyone reading this knows of any for sale in northern ireland could you let me know

Unfortunatly I'm working off a budget for now and have 2500 to spend on the car

would like a N/A supra either auto or manual (not picky about this as its my first supra an i expect to change to a manual TT some time in the future!)

Not set on a colour yet but have a soft spot for blue or black

I realise my budget isnt very good so not expecting showroom condition but decent condition body would be a bonus lol

Many thanks in advance for any help

Hi and welcome to the club :)

£2500 isn't an unreasonable budget to start with - it should get you a decent condition high mileage NA or an average conditon average mileage NA.

One thing you might want to consider, though, is that if you already have it in your head that you want a TT6 in the future you might be better off just biding your time and getting one of those when the time and budget is right. Don't get me wrong - NAs are fine cars (I've owned one for 9 years, back from the time when even NAs fetched 5-figure sums :) ) but there is a world of difference in performance compared to the TTs, and there is no cheap upgrade or conversion path from one to the other. When you decide to make the change you will lose a lot of money on your NA purchase whichever way you decide to make the jump to TT ownership.

Anyway you're in the right place to ask for advice :)

welcome! £2500 will get you a NA, but with constant tax, insurance and running costs you'll be getting further away from the TT goal.

My advise would be sit on the 2.5 and be patient.

On the other hand, my first supra was an NA, and she gave me many years of happy motoring.

It all depends on how quickly you see yourself wanting the TT.

Guest grooney166

Thanks for the advice guys, went to see a N/A motor the other day but it seemed a very dodgy buy lol so I'll just continue to monitor the classifieds for now an hope something better comes along but ther doesn't seem to be too many advertised in northern Ireland at the min so mite have to travel to England for one in the near future!

Guest grooney166

Just bought a red N/A manual supra, needs a little work but its gonna make a fun project :eyebrows:

Jake G I'm from banbridge wat about yourself?

Guest grooney166
Ballynahinch, 15mins outside lisburn, glad to see you got yourself a supra im sure your happy, if you ever need any help or anything with it give me a shout, get some pictures up so we can have a look at her

thats not too far away, thanks for the offer i mite have to take ya up on that sometime lol!

I am quite happy now the car drives like a dream, sounds great and the gearbox is smoother than most newer cars i've driven!

it just needs tidied up cosmetically, little bit of paint work and refurb the alloys an it should be sorted!

bought it in the republic tho so need to wait til i get it registered in the north til i can drive it!

Guest Suprasy

hi £2500 is a reasonable amount to get you started i myself currently have a modified supra for sale spent nearly £15000 doing her up she is a manual n/a with just over 90000 miles on the clock and i am looking to sell her she is a perfect first supra experience if you would like more details on the motor just email me at [email protected] i will give you all the details you need there, i was looking for a little more than £2500 but i'm sure if you see the car it will speak for itself.

cheers Sy