The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jzgte prices?

Guest adamoakley

Guest adamoakley

Just wanted to roughly get and idea of how much TT lumps go for? and if I were to buy an engine separate is it likely that i'd get the 6 speed box with it as well or will it generally need to be bought on their own?

Again just trying to get an idea really as been looking to buy for ages but I'm trying to figure if it would be better to buy a shell on it's own (or cheap na auto) and drop an engine in.

I'm only 18 so sorry if this is common knowledge, but haven't been able to find an answer thus far and thought I'd pick all your brains! :)

Thanks in advance

Adam

Guest adamoakley
Engine £1,500 - 2,000

6 speed box - £3,000 - 3,500

Save up & buy a complete car, it will be both cheaper & better to do. :)

The main thing for you though is to ensure you can get insurance.

wicked cheers mate, and already had to except that there's no feasible way for me too insure it for a few years just gunna use it for track/drag days until I can haha

Got my engine frome states for £1100 delivered 40k miles, got my 6 speed box for £600, bought an na 6speed and took the box then sold the car on as a 5speed so thats how i got the box so cheap, also i was paying £3600 for my first insurance on the supra at 19 in one of the worst postcode areas in UK, hope this gives you and idea

Guest adamoakley
Got my engine frome states for £1100 delivered 40k miles, got my 6 speed box for £600, bought an na 6speed and took the box then sold the car on as a 5speed so thats how i got the box so cheap, also i was paying £3600 for my first insurance on the supra at 19 in one of the worst postcode areas in UK, hope this gives you and idea

That sounds like a pretty good idea, but NA 6 speeds are pretty hard to come by aren't they? In regards to insurance though I tried a few quotes just to get an idea and got straight up refused for all of them haha. Tbh though, I am in essex which is just full of rice Peugeot 106's wrapping themselves round lamp posts; chav city! definitely doesn't help me in regards to insurance, I got a quote for 2k on a yaris when I started driving hahaha

That sounds like a pretty good idea, but NA 6 speeds are pretty hard to come by aren't they? In regards to insurance though I tried a few quotes just to get an idea and got straight up refused for all of them haha. Tbh though, I am in essex which is just full of rice Peugeot 106's wrapping themselves round lamp posts; chav city! definitely doesn't help me in regards to insurance, I got a quote for 2k on a yaris when I started driving hahaha

Ouch!! Insurance was high when I was young but it seems to have now gone to a stupid level for the younger drivers of today.

Saying that though the level of driving these days has dramatically dropped!!

Guest adamoakley
Ouch!! Insurance was high when I was young but it seems to have now gone to a stupid level for the younger drivers of today.

Saying that though the level of driving these days has dramatically dropped!!

Yeah I know man, mental and I agree there are some awful drivers out there, just a shame I have to fall into the same category because of my age and area!

- - - Updated - - -

My N/A cost me £2000 to insure last year when I was 20. Now I'm 21 and my UK TT cost me £750.

Crazy man.

haha that is mad! I had to pay £2000 on my yaris when I started driving! haha