The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Dad's Triumph Spitfire

Style

Beginning to look like a car again...

Small vid of it ticking over for the first time since the overhaul:

Then that's pretty much where the pics of the rebuild dry up. Car was finished around 2011 and has just had a photoshoot done a couple of weeks ago. Pics are uploading now :)

Very nice, I have always loved the spitfire. I watched the wheeler dealer episode with one on and it's so simple that even I could probably do half the stuff, I think they said one suspension shock was about 60 quid. They don't seem too bad price wise either, it's just the lack of garage that would put me off getting one.

beautiful car, im really starting to fall for the good old classic cars, something about there styling and shapes that you simply just dont get anymore.

And the size of them! tiny little car on the road and still has plenty room left inside for even myself at 6'7 to fit into. Thanks for the kind words :)

Very nice, I have always loved the spitfire. I watched the wheeler dealer episode with one on and it's so simple that even I could probably do half the stuff, I think they said one suspension shock was about 60 quid. They don't seem too bad price wise either, it's just the lack of garage that would put me off getting one.

It was that and the fact it had a monocoque shell that made my dad want one. An MG was the other choice but with parts being that little more (still cheap though) it was enough to sway him. Definitely a car I would recommend for restoring if you were looking to go cheap and easy.

Looks awesome that fella, i love old british cars, cars like these make you wonder how the car industry in britain went tits up! how long in total did it take too restore?

Think it took about 14 years of weekends, free time, lost interest and car shows to regain it in all mate. He's looking at an old XR4i now to keep his hands busy and try get me involved this time.

Well done that man, nice rebuild and set of photos. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Hammer :)

Looks stunning :cool:

I reckon one of these with a Honda S2000 drive train would be a hoot. :cool:

Certainly would! The Triumph GT6 engine was always something he thought about putting in. A tweak of the carbs will see around 200hp apparently, a hoot indeed! :D

Nice family project that mate...you have grown a fair bit since '96!haha!

Haha I knew someone would point me out! Would be interesting to get the same photo taken today :p

Wow. That's a hell of a lot of work who has gone into this little beauty. Well done .. hats off. :)

That Sir ... is Stunning !!

Amazing. It's great to see the classics ressurected like that. It looks truly stunning now.

Peter

very nice, loving those wire wheels!

Thanks lads :) Wheels are something else, really finish the car off and a work of art. They dont make em like that anymore!

nice build looks stunning

We had a dolomite sprint, TR7 convertable and sister had a 1300 wish kept the sprint

Love the look of Dollys. A set of minilights makes them look badass! Engine is in the back of those aren't they? Would be interesting working on them! Dads is a 1300 too, sounds the part thats for sure :)