The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hks clutch

jay200bhp

Gents do any of you run the hks GD clutch kit on your singles? or the os giken clutch kit im around 650bhp and am after a light pedal clutch a little bit of chatters fine as expected but lighter pedal is a priority as i run a competition clutch and fly wheel at moment any thoughts? what do you all run and think of different set ups?

cheers jay

I've had 2 HKS twins, both havent lasted very long (about 6k between them both) they have a nice pedal feel though.

My new clutch will NOT be an HKS as id like a few more miles between new clutch plates.

Like other have said check out the RPS range. After speaking to a few of the lads on here who use them i think they are far more user friendly.

After my first one warped turned blue and distorted and was knackered after 200ish burn outs and 1/4 mile runs we were told that they do not like slipping, they will heat quickly and distort. Use should be on or off.

Driving in traffic jams isn't easy without being able to slip the clutch also doing burn out and quick drag starts involves some clutch slip.

I'm not having another, my next clutch will either be able to handle slip or i will not be doing burn outs and drag racing, at 1k a go these clutchs work out expensive if replaced every couple of years.