The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nice car drivers giving compliments

sideexitsupra

After the recent thread about how much attention your car gets I'm sure the APR wing is weaving it's magic!

Filling up at the local Shell garage on Sunday morning this 50 ish year old wanders over and spent 10 minutes talking to me about the car. Good job the garage was quiet!

Anyway he gets into a 997 GT3RS and blasts off!

Really nice guy and what you would expect, not at all looking down on me or condescending. Maybe it's a Northern thing?

What about you?

Saw two guys in a 4.2 R8 filling up at Shell station a week or so ago and hoped they'd wait up for a blast, but they drove off and the driver gave a nod as they came past.

Also had 3 kids (12 years old or so) at the exit of a park saying they loved the car, asking me to rev it a bit (I obliged) and asking what cars I've raced. Got stuck behind someone else pulling out and had to sit there uncomfortably, getting asked questions for a couple of minutes :D

I had a middle-aged couple looking my car over and over while I was topless at the garage yesterday evening. Both of them were really admiring the car, and the chap said that it looked so similar to his brand new Jaguar XKR, but wasn't sure what it was. When I said it was a 19 year old Toyota with nearly 400bhp under the bonnet, he was blown away.

I did feel some pride in the fact that they thought it was a smashing looking car and I obviously looked after it. He was doing the 'nod' of respect when his car just purred from the forecourt. :)

I do find its generally old people that appreciate the car. last tuesday the little old lady next door passed away, and I was talking to her son who's in his late 40s. He asked be about the car, turns out he nearly bought one when they first came out. If its genuine interest Im happy to stand and talk to folks :)

I've had a few people come up to me at the petrol station before, one guy in his 60's said he used to own one and it was the most reliable car he ever had.

I had a middle aged guy ask me what model my toyota was when i was collecting it from its service. I was just being served when he asked so i quickly said it was a mark IV. He probbaly thought, what the hell is a mark IV?? it wasnt untill i was driving away i remembered i hadnt said i was a Supra. I must have assumed he knew that and was being specific.

I find the most attention i get is from bikers. I quite regularly get a nod of the helmet ... :woot:

Must have been the day for it today. I got an 'out of the window full arm wave' by one guy in Audi and then had an old guy stop me when parked up. Said he had a mk3 before and loved it, Celica's before that. Thought mine was beautiful. 'Like a rocket' he kept saying. When I told him it was very low mileage (40k), he said it's only just broken in. Was a very friendly old chap and said I had a great classic and I should never get rid. I intend to oblige.

Funnily enough, I was stopped in the same carpark a couple of weeks back and approached by a guy in an Hawaiian shirt(!) who's ex wife used to have a '2.8 ltr' version. I just nodded and tried to edge away safely...

Mine seems to get the most attention from van drivers, kids and oldies in flash cars.