The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost gauge depo racing

safcdixon

Hey guys im gonna bpu my tt over the next week or two so im needing a boost gauge, i have a blitz one fitted (but not wired up) the boost pressure sensor is double the price of what a new depo boost gauge is and i cant justify paying £120 for a sensor!

now i Know you get what you pay for but does anyone have experience with depo gauges? Good or bad, before i go ahead and buy one Or does anyone have a blitz boost pressure sensor going spare?

I bought. The full set but sent them back after fitting the boost gauge, at 1.27 bar it was showing nearly 1.4, they also felt cheap and they wered the easiest to see

Never! Ive have literally just purchased one off an ebay seller, i knew i should have waited but stuff it if it reads wrong il send it back, how were they when you wanted too return them did they argue or just give you a refund? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120867761296?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 thats the type ive just bought

I had the 7 colour electronic series and I bought mine off prolex-uk, they were fine sending back the new unfitted ones but the boost gauge I had fitted I just stuck it on ebay

Ok Nobother pete hopefully mine will read correctly and hopefully il have no problems with it :)

i dont know about anyone else, but i just read off of my profec B II for boost pressure as its easier to read peak pressure than on a gauge at full chat

I thought i read that a boost controller wasnt nessesary at bpu? does it show you peak boost after youve let off the throttle like?

As spiked jack said, I also use my boost controller.

Safer to have the restrictor ring at something 1.1 bar and use the boost controller to get to 1.2

Greedy Profec B 2 is what I have.

As far as other Gauges go I have an AFR coming and will be adding EGT, water temp, oil temp and oil pressure.

Just need to work out where the EGT will go as want to keep my vents.

AFR in place of the clock, with oil and water under the stereo.

Have seen pictures of a gauge below the ciggy lighter before, so that may be where the EGT goes.

Was looking at a screen to do all but will probably have to go with budget gauges for now.

Edited by sideexitsupra (see edit history)