The mkiv Supra Owners Club

USC- Santapod- Best engine bay award

Rob_Mitchell

Well this show was good but i doubt ill go again. Its very hard to leave to car on its own without someone touching it. very Chav too!

BUT

The competition and standard of cars were very good, some over the top mods but you apreciate the standard of work and comittment put into them. Its good to see, as alot of the owners were young. I scooped the '2012 best engine bay award' very happy again to come away with a dust collector. Seem to be on a roll :D.

Nice to see and meet a couple of forum members.

Car shows are always full of Chavs, they usually think they have a god given right to lean against your car too :D

Most jap related shows are not that chavy, this USC was super chavtastic and full of know it alls smoking weed. Everyone knew everything about a toyota supra and apparently my turbo is too big and my auto box is good for 800bhp ha ha :D

I respectfully disagree :) Jap shows tend to be the worst (Although i've never been to one of the French car or Vauxhall shows - and NEVER will) Even the VW shows are full of Chavs, and they tend to be the least 'Chav' group of all. Instead, you get morons who run ridiculous suspension settings and tyre stretch, with no understanding of the dangers they are causing other road users.

I used to enjoy car shows, but now i'm too old and grumpy to tolerate fools on my weekends :D

I respectfully disagree :) Jap shows tend to be the worst (Although i've never been to one of the French car or Vauxhall shows - and NEVER will) Even the VW shows are full of Chavs, and they tend to be the least 'Chav' group of all. Instead, you get morons who run ridiculous suspension settings and tyre stretch, with no understanding of the dangers they are causing other road users.

I used to enjoy car shows, but now i'm too old and grumpy to tolerate fools on my weekends :D

I know exactly what you mean mate. Dumbass questions really get on nerves! and people picking holes in the car whilst im there, i just put it down to jealously. I have met some nice regulars in the show and shine area now and they are true enthusiasts and we all have a nice bit of banter and actually help each other out with cleaning ect, thats what i enjoy!! and friendly competition is great. Had one owner yesterday spit his dummy out at a judge because he got knocked points, lol i seriously laughed my arse off as at the end of the day its a bit of fun, nice free parking and free advertising for our firm. silverware is nice but its not worth blowing a gasket over lol