The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F+F Skypra Why?

safcdixon

That's my mates car. Hes a fan of the film and he actually bought my last replica. He swapped his Camaro convertible for it and was originally going to do the gold one from the second film didn't want to repaint it as the paintwork was immaculate. I think it actually looks pretty good in the flesh. He also has the General Lee and had the Torino from Starsky and Hutch.

That's my mates car. Hes a fan of the film and he actually bought my last replica. He swapped his Camaro convertible for it and was originally going to do the gold one from the second film didn't want to repaint it as the paintwork was immaculate. I think it actually looks pretty good in the flesh. He also has the General Lee and had the Torino from Starsky and Hutch.

Yeah not good that its on a supra though. I have huge respect for you though mate and your mates (replica followers) i didnt dig it at first but its good to have a hobby and at the end of the day if you guys enjoy it then thats all that matters. I have started to appreciate the replica stuff alot more.

It might look better in person peter but its like him having his general lee as a plymouth or sumit it doesnt work as a replica,

I suppose its each to their own. I thought the gold replica would have been awesome and when he told me what hed done I thought that would look crap and took the piss a bit. When I seen it it the flesh though, I kinda liked it.

It would have been better on a skyline though.

Get him to do the gold widearch supra that would look mint alongside yours

No doubt I'll stir up a hornet's nest with this, but......

It's not my cup of tea either but there's a few of the cars on this forum could be viewed as a waste of a good Supra. Each to their own though. If we all had the same taste, our cars would be identical. I don't strictly agree with what has been done (I agree it should be on a Skyline) but I do appreciate the work done and that the owner is happy with it. He has his own tribute to the film and obviously he enjoys his car.

Think about the last piece of plastic you bolted to your car - did you do it for yourself or to gain approval from a bunch of guys on the internet. Perhaps you'd like to nip round and tell me what wallpaper to put in my lounge? ;)

I am in no way removing your opinion but reading some of these replies makes me cringe. There seems to have been a marked increase in these types of posts and the comments that follow.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on here (so I'm told) and that's mine :)

Live and let live