The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Today at the POD

Hy-Performance

Great weather, and turnout, seemed must more organised than before. A bit chilly but it was nice when the sun came out and it was good to see some Supras and other cars getting quicker and quicker!

I still cant fathom out how Puntos and Audis were running etc, but it was a very good day :)

I also witnessed 3 - 9 sec runs by the Sumo R34, which was great. And he even had a laugh with Ronnie with the hazard lights when he ran a 9.6 which was funny :p

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Great weather, and turnout, seemed must more organised than before. A bit chilly but it was nice when the sun came out and it was good to see some Supras and other cars getting quicker and quicker!

I still cant fathom out how Puntos and Audis were running etc, but it was a very good day :)

Didnt see you there Bob but there again i suppose i wasnt easy to find with the car stuck at the front gate .

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Bobbeh

We saw you parked up at the entrance m8 as we came in, wondered what you were doing there.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune John, hopefully there'll be other opportunities this year for you.

None this year Bobbeh , thats it for me , the next time you see the car used in anger it will have a 'built' motor , rollcage and a few other mods prob a bigger Turbo and progressive NOS , i will get a smaller Turbo for street use as it will still be used daily , i really think we could have run a very low 10 or high 9 today as i know i had a set up that would hook up and not spin and would enable me to 'spray' off the line , still next year will be good with the new Jap car series etc .

Dude:flame Dev

Good to put names to faces today, next time i'll have to book early to get in paddock!!

That wind was a bit frickin cold today but good to see Supras running some good times. HOW loud was that Top fuel jobbie, never heard (or seen) one of those before :blink:

Matt

Originally posted by Tannhauser

Just found this comment on a gtr.co.uk thread:

"Three Supras in the low elevens....."

Is that right? If so, who?

Cliff

Leon was one.......

Not sure of others.......I wasnt one of them though....only managed a 13.1....lol

Shame it all went Pear shaped J.M. next time matey.

And how come we got stuck on the grass at the back of the ground? Did anyone else feel we were being put to the back? Or am i getting paranoid in my old age?

But on a positive note..it was much better organised than last year and a good fun day out.

Dave :flame Dev

Originally posted by Geezabloke

And how come we got stuck on the grass at the back of the ground? Did anyone else feel we were being put to the back? Or am i getting paranoid in my old age?

Dave :flame Dev

i couldnt work that one out either. putting high powered rear wheel drive cars on the grass and putting the 4 wheel drive lesser cars on the tarmac:(

i couldnt work that one out either. putting high powered rear wheel drive cars on the grass and putting the 4 wheel drive lesser cars on the tarmac

Phil the fixer and I said exactly the same thing to each other as soon as we'd parked up, its a good job it didn't rain else we'd all have been stuck spinning mud.:eek:

Well I had a great weekend, although a little disapointed in the end. After spending a few hours saturday removing every bit of un wanted weight oof the car, saved almost 7 stone off the car, took two 17" rears, on very bald rubber.

So me and Paul drives up with Kev Millhouse to his sisters who lives 10 miles from POD on the Sat evening, got to do some great speeds, and had a race with a Mitzi Evo, who just wouldnt give up. Got to his sisters around 21:00, and then went out for some beers, that wasnt too bad but then I got involved in some sustances around 01:00 Sunday morning, and when I was still sat up with Kev having a smoke around 04:30, I knew things would be messy. Still went to bed, next thing I knew its 09:30, SHIT, SHIT, SHIT, we're late, made panic, swapping the racing wheels over, removing head lamp, and racing there, only to find out that the queues had become huge, so hung around for a few hours, didnt get to see anyone apart from the few usual, Oh and the honey in the red panties having her photo shoot over by our cars, all I can say is, what an arse....GGRRRRRRRHHHH.......

Left around 15:00, to make it home, and onto the train and into work, so after 3/4 hours sleep last night, I will get some more tomorrow......but I have lived cars all weekend, GREAT.... :D

i was parked up behind bobbeh`s black uk spec. always notice the wheels first then i spotted the nurbring sticker.

seen big roy and asheleys car from there number plates too

was good day out but queing and swopping wheels did not get much of a chance to see cars.

there was even a cossie saph racing too and a vauxhall vx220

that grass they put us on was crap, people with low spoilers must have been crapping it.

i went into scooby section where nephew was changing wheels over.i went to que and que

will stick to york next time

that dj craig supra had a right set up. nos and stripped out also had a fuel cell in boot. supposed to have a skyline intake manifold upside down. and had big twins if i remember.

leons car was blowing loads of smoke out after he ran his car. got pushed back to there area, anyone know if its ok?

looks a truely awesome car with all that custom stuff.

Guest Rays the roof

Counted 53 Supra's on our stand at one point, and three more were on the track. Not bad considering we only had 50 passes!

Great day, though dissapointed I didn't get to run. Did manage to be mr perv again and got Loaded model on my bonnet. They asked me to feature in magazine if I was running - damn!!

We should try and arrange a meet there before the end of the season...

Photo's to follow.

;)