The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Artistic Night Shots

Bossco

I had my mate take some artistic night shots earlier in the week. Unfortunatly only a few of the batch he took came out well so another shoot is being planned. Ive put the best ones below. I'm sure some of you are sick of looking at my car but I'm not so I'll keep putting up pics HAHAHA! :D

These were all taken between midnight and 1am.

The sparks are created with the use of wire wool, a whisk and a dog lead. Stuff the whisk full of wire wool and attach the handel to the dog lead. Set the wool on fire and start swinging the lead round as fast as you can making sure the whisk hits the ground on the way down like a skipping rope. It's this bit that creates the little explosions.

Make sure your a safe distance from the car as it creates a hell of a lot of sparkes. I'd love to have had a shot which had the sparks raining on the car but the potential for damage is to high.

wow,

how do you take photos like that. i always thought the effects were photo shopped in

On the camera itself - bung it on a tripod and set it to a long exposure, for eg 30 second shutter speed, then walk round the car lighting it with your torch or spinning wire wool device :)

i guess you need a very expensive camera to get good effects?

or can this be done on the go pro hd and cameras like that?

Not necessarily an expensive one.

Any dslr or camera with a 'bulb' option would do it.

As I understand it, the Go Pro is primarily a video camera with stills option...so you may be able to do a time-lapse type of thing.

ScottC is a bit handy with a go pro and I think Branners has one too, so they could tell you.