The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Crank seal

mclarenross

Keron got me one from Toyota. Cost pennies. And delivered within a few days.

I'm guessing yours has gone? Has the oil pump been changed in recent years? If not, well worth doing that too.

When my crank seal went, I changed the seal, oil pump, oil filter, full oil change, timing belt and cam belt.

Oil pump failure is often associated with crank seal failure, so as said, if the oil pump hasn't been done as far as you know it's well worth doing.

Keron did me a great deal for the lot. iirc he did it all for circa £190 + p&p. Most places the oil pump is around £180 on its own.

Oh and if the crank pulley hasn't been changed, worth doing that too. When I took mine off, it was starting to come apart and needed replacing. Whifbitz do these.

Thanks, I'll get in touch with Keron.

The seal hasn't gone yet, but I'm replacing all the belts and water pump and when I was with Hodgy the other day he said if im taking off the crank pulley I should replace the seal at the same time. Pump I believe is working fine, so I shouldnt have to replace that ....

Yes 98% of the time its a worn oil pump that will cause the seal to leak, but very seldom on a high mile or abused motor, it can be down to worn crank nose where the seal runs on it, the only other cause will be if the seal has been replaced and fitted too far into the pump casing partially blocking the drain aperture.